Help with Iris ID

Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

Hello all,

Does anyone recognize this iris? The tag is missing and I can't figure out which it is. It was my favorite of this years iris, huge blooms and lots of them. They seemed to bloom over a long period of time. The rhizomes seem to be larger than my other tall beardeds. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank You!!

Lori

Thumbnail by maparker
Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is a closer picture

Thumbnail by maparker
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have one almost like it but it has very yellow beards. I looked and looked and decided it was probably Dance Master. Could this be yours? Not the world's greatest picture, I fear.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Gay Parasol, Misty Lady? Just a couple of guesses.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is another picture of the same Iris. It came with my house, so I have no idea what it is except from searching the internet. Here are a couple of pictures of it online: The trouble is that one looks purple and one looks blue. Hard to tell what color it really is. Mine is more blue. But photos struggle with blues/purples.

http://www.stoneycreekiris.com/iris_details.php?iris_ID=550&k=

http://www.leotas-iris.com/showiris.php?name=Dance%20Master

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

I was thinking of Misty Lady, but mine looks a little different from the ones in plantfiles. Seems like mine is a little more periwinkle colored. I know soil can make things differ. I just had never seen so many blooms. Like I said, it was my favorite this year.

Thank you for your help!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My pleasure.

Newfoundland, NJ

How about MYSTIQUE? Check this one out in the Plant Files. There are several pictures, some are a bit lighter than others, perhaps due to geographical differences.
Laetitia

Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

Mystique & Dance Master and Misty Lady all look pretty close taking account of what soil can do to colors. I am sure one of them is it. I am going to go through all my old emails for iris orders and see if either of those names match up. I want to thank you all for your input!!!! If I figure it out I will let you all know!

Thank you!!!!!

Lori

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

All the iris are beautiful!

I'll just add Stairway to Heaven. It's a little bluer than the photo, with a white top. No pinkish shades.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Ck with Wandaflowers. She knows them all, I think. She could probably tell you in an instant! Sure pretty, whatever the name is. If you ever want to send some south, just let me know. I made a raised bed for the ones I got fr one of Wanda's co-ops. Can't wait for spring to see what that new bed looks like.

Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

I know at one point I did have some "Stairway to Heaven" but the stands on mine are light periwinkle color, not white at all. I did find that I had bought a "Misty Lady" a couple of years back, so maybe thats it. I will have tp check with Wanda also.

You have all been so helpful!

Lori

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.