Yellow/black tiny flying thing with folded up legs

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Can't get a picture - they're too fast and too tiny (small as a ladybug that was sitting nearby). Mostly yellow with black markings - kind of pretty, really - and two long transparent wings on top, and their back legs are doubled up so at first I thought it was two bugs flying together. They're fliting around really fast on my climbing rose - never seen them before. They don't hop.

I get lost on the bug guide site - don't know where to start. Does anyone have an idea? Does the description give any clues where I should look? Bug, insect, wasp?

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like something that I had on my Cock's comb just the other day. Had not seen anything, until one day last week, and they were everywhere. Got the trusty spray out, with mega strength Vidate, and poof, they are gone. Don't know what they were, but they are history.Hope you get them under control.

Argyle, TX(Zone 7b)

Possibly a cucumber beelte. http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/viewphoto.php?id=704 They come in stripes or spots. I have been plagued by the spotted ones. They look similar to what a lady bug would look like if they were greenish-yellow instead of orange or red. Take care, Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.