Iris Giveaway

Newfoundland, NJ

I have some extra iris to give away for postage. These are TB's of the tougher older varieties, with names. About half are Violacea Grandiflora, a collected natural hybrid which is virtually rot free and thrives in poor soil. I know it is late but those who are not going to get frost for 6 weeks should be able to plant.
I just need postage: 5.00 for about a pound...how many in a pound? About half a dozen or so.
If you want any of these, send me a g-mail and I will give you my address. I probably have about 8-10 boxes of these, (possibly more). First come first served.

Laetitia

Thumbnail by Sugarbean1
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sugar, you've got D-mail! :-)

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Sugar, I'd love some, you've got d-mail!

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

Me, too! You've got d-mail!!!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Sugarbean, You've got d-mail!!!

plantnutga

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Sugarbean,
Sending d-mail
Winni

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sugarbean - sending d-mail

Glendale/Parks, AZ

Sugarbean you have Dmail

Grand Rapids, MI

Laetitia, You have D-Mail. Cecil

Thank you.
You have dmail.

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Sending d-mail.
I hope I'm not to late. WHat a lovely offer.
Thanks,
LoraB.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

If you have any left I would love to have some. JLMK
Caren

Newfoundland, NJ

I think I have enough takers for the extra iris that I dug up. If your name appears above this notice, I will reserve you a package.
I doubt I will have any extras after this, but its possible, I will let you know.
Thanks,
Laetitia

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

Laetita,
You have dmail.

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Laetitia,
I dropped my postage in the mail this morning. You should have it in a couple of days.

Lora

Check is mailed.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Postage in the mail. Thanks
Winni

Pittsburgh, PA

lmk if u have any left as I could paypal or mail u ship for a flat rate box...I d take leftovers....jean

Newfoundland, NJ

Folks:
To the people who responded, I planned to box and ship these this past weekend, but the iris roots were still moist. Had left them outside. Not a good idea.
I will get them boxed and shipped this week.
Thanks,
Laetitia

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

No problem Laetitia!

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

Same here, not a problem!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Would it be possible for you to hold my box and ship it the second week in October? If not, PLMK and I'll send you a neighbor's address to ship to (one less thing for the kids to worry about if the box goes to him, and besides he'll pot them right up for me -- and I'll share with him).

Thanks!!

Newfoundland, NJ

I got all the boxes mailed today, so you should be getting them in about 2-3 days. Everyone got 6, at least 2 Violacea and 3-4 other iris with names on them. Mostly all historics, some big some small; some common, some rare.
I hope you like them.
Laetitia

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Thank you, Laetitia! I've got their new home all ready for them!
LoraB.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you Laetitia! Their new bed is ready!

audrey

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Laetitia!

Deborah

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Laetitia,
Thank you for being so generous. Can't wait to see the named ones.
Winni

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm so excited about those Violacea, and looking forward to seeing what other treasures you've included! I've got pots standing by.... :-)

Thank you, Laetitia!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

ooo!!! I hadn't checked this in a couple of days. I'm so excited! Thank you, Laetitia!

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Laetitia!! Will be watching for them!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Hooray! They showed up today! Thank you so, so much!

Erin (plantnutga)

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Mine are here, too.
Figures it's raining today!!! :-)

Thanks again!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I potted them all up (I'm still on digging restriction) and labeled them. Hopefully I can put them in the ground by mid November. Here in 8b that's the optimum time, anyway.

Thank you again!

Erin (plantnutga)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Mine arrived today also, and I potted them up right away! Such wonderful, fat rhizomes... I'm sure they'll just take off next year. :-)

Thank you!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'd better get down to the mailbox!!!!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Just read this and hurried to the mailbox and there they were . Thank you so much..
Winni

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you for sharing your garden! Looking forward to watching them grow and bloom.

Deborah

Newfoundland, NJ

I hope you all enjoy them. Please post some pictures when they bloom.
Next year, I will hopefully have some more, different ones, as I dig up more beds. They just don't do well unless I replant them every few years. Its not that they over grow the beds; just they seem to dwindle off if they don't get reset.
Laetitia

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Letitia, mine are here also.

Louanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.