Have 5 Dooley hyds to trade

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

I posted this on the hydrangea forum - hope it's ok to post here too. If you're a hyd fan, you probably know it's named after long time UGA head coach and atheletic director, Vince Dooley. It was disovered in his yard. Just found out he's a master gardener. I never knew that!

Here's the info:
My Dooley made 5 babies (by layering) last year. They've been growing all spring and summer and some of them bloomed.

They are still in the ground - 2 are still attached to parent plant, other 3 were severed last spring. I'll have to cut back 2 of them bcs they would be too expensive to mail as is.

Would love to trade all 5 to same person.

Want perennials hardy in zone 7a - heucheras, hosta, bergenia, balloon flower, penstemon, pink reblooming daylilies, mildew resistant phlox...... and more.
Sherry

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Sherry, Do you ever come this way toward Atlanta?

I have two varieties of phlox, one named and one unnamed. The named one is Raspberry Wine and I ahve pictures of it.. Click on my images posted and you will see it. I have not found that they are absolutely mildew resistant. is any truely resistant? It doesn't bother me, I just cut them back at the end of the season when they start to fade and mildew.

Also, I need to let some of my cannas go.. Interested at all?

Susan in Marietta

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

Sorry, they're all gone unless one of the trades falls thru. I will probably have more in the Spring. When all the leaves are gone ,I might even find one that was hiding ! I'll let you know.

Are any of your canna a true solid pink? I bought some that were supposed to be but they're actually streaked pink and yellow - very pretty but looks peach from a distan ce and does not fit in with my pink, purple and white color scheme.

Sherry
p.s. I don't get to Atlanta much anymore bcs of the price of gas! I need to come tho bcs I need to close out a bank acct I still have there even tho I moved 3 yrs. ago!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Sherry !

I just started a new thread in GA gardening with pics to the cannas.. bright red and tall! :)

I just checked my credit report and found all these credit cards i had no idea were still open..!

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.