Flowering Vine ID

(Zone 11)

If anyone can help me ID this flowering vine it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Thumbnail by Dave67
(Zone 11)

This next pic shows the leaves a little better...

Thumbnail by Dave67
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

podranea vine, mine just started blooming yesterday. :~) Don't they smell great??
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1755/index.html

(Zone 11)

Wow, that was fast!
Thank you very much, they do smell wonderful.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I wonder why the heck mine hasn't started blooming yet - it's in a 14" hanging basket - in full sun - plenty of water - it this not the right formula?

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

wow, in a hanging basket? I cannot imagine my monster in a hanging basket, I have images of it ripping the side of the house off. LOLOL I have it in a big 20-25 gal tree pot and it is bursting at the seams, I need to get it in the ground as soon as it is done blooming. I grew mine from seed, this is it's 3rd summer and I had about given up on getting flowers. It's in the same conditions as yours Kay, full sun and plenty of water, so maybe it is just too root restricted? Has your weather started cooling off or are you still hot? Has it bloomed before?

Mc Call Creek, MS

Mine is enormous. It has been in the ground three years now. Every year prior to this one, it was covered with flowers and a show-stopper on the front fence. This year it has had exactly five flowers. I don't know why.

I truly think Katrina messed up the timing on all gulf coast plants. My Japanese magnolia, which normally blooms once, has bloomed fived times this year. Little red-leaved hibiscus have turned into massive trees with flowers at all. etc.

The Other Kay

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes, Gaylams, I think so too (about Katrina) - my 10 foot Angel Trumpet bloomed four times this year. It always bloomed in Nov. before - and only once - but this year 4 times before suddenly dying. Hoping it comes back next year like always. Sorry to be so off-topic...

Peggy

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I've got cuttings, hopefully, rooting right now. I put a 1g pot in the ground were I used to live & still have to go trim it back & take cuttings every 3-4 months or it would take over the back fence.
If something happens to ya'll's, be it Katrina or El Nino, whatever, I can always get you plenty more. I also come to LA & MS, several times a yr, for delivery service. :~)

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, mine has bloomed before, but not more than four or five blooms in its first season in my possession. I have had this vine for a number of years and that is the only time it has ever bloomed. Our season has been strange - cool, then hot, rainy, then dry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.