Country Road Iris

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Does anyone have a picture of this iris? I got it along with some others in a trade last year and can't find a pic anywhere. I finally found a pic of the other one I was looking for it is Color Tart. Here she is and she is a lot prettier than the camera gives her credit for. I had it marked as Country Road.
TIA
Winni

This message was edited Sep 9, 2006 7:59 AM

Thumbnail by winnietn
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

That's a pretty!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes it's pretty...... It bloomed along side Spirit World this spring and they were breathtaking. I got help here iding Spirit World and Color Tart. Hopefully I will finally see a pic of Country Road.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

i cant find it in the RI books maybe named wrong . there is a ...Distant Roads

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

There is no iris registered under the name of Country Road. I suspect that Country Road is a garden name given the iris by someone who, perhaps, dug it from alongside a country road somewhere.

Laurie

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Laurie,
Here's what Avmoran posted about Country Road back in April when I first ask about it.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/594481/

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Anita was quite right. I just checked iris register again, and I found the same listing. I don't know why I didn't find it the first time. I must have mistyped it. Sorry about that. Country Road is registered as a yellow self, so your iris pictured above is not Country Road. I'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Perhaps if you posted the names of all of the irises you received in that trade, we can help you match proper names to your photos.

Laurie

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is the list of Iris that I traded for. Some of them did'nt bloom and Three or four were marked surprise.

Emphasis- bloomed
Kiss of Kisses-bloomed
Country Road
Spirit World-bloomed
Olympic Challenge-bloomed
Color Tart-bloomed
War Chief-Bloomed
Superstition
Batik
Sultry Mood-bloomed

Two bloomed that were marked Surprise. One bloomed a lavender color and the other one looked a lot like War Chief. It took me months to find Emphasis on the web.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2006 6:42 AM

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is the lavender unknown

Thumbnail by winnietn
Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

and here's the one tht looks like War Chief or it could be War Chief and the other one unkn.

Thumbnail by winnietn
Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

The one marked War Chief

Thumbnail by winnietn
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Well, if you're sure that the ones that bloomed were correctly marked, then your NOT Country Road is another one of those surprises. Just do what I do. Move the surprises into a special "unknown" bed, and continue to enjoy their beauty from year to year!

Laurie

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

The first unknown could be Mary Frances??

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Mary Frances isn't that dark in my garden, and her falls are more pendant here.

Laurie

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I agree about the lavender one. The Mary Francis I have seen is quite pale. BTW, I have the same problem. I have 3 reds that look a lot like yours. One of them is almost certainly War Chief. The other was labeled Blue Suede Shoes which it definitely is not. The other possiblity is Red at Night, but I thought that one had died before I got it planted - had it in a pot in a too shady place for a while. I do enjoy them all.
Then I have a third one that I have no clue where it came from. They look so much alike. Maybe, in spring, I will post their photos. Don't have photos of them right now.

Peachland B.C., BC(Zone 5a)

Try a picture of an iris called Needlepoint.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

The first picture is Color Tart but it was labeled Country Road. Sorry for the confusion.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I just bought Color Tart from Wal Mart...can't wait to see mine bloom!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.