who nibbles at my epimediums

Madison, WI

I planted 4 epimediums this spring, two from 4" pots (Plant delights)
and two from 6" pots (local garden club plant sale).
They are planted in the same flower boarder in a kind of row.
The larger two are doing just fine, but the smaller plants lost almost all
of their leaves. They were eaten. What would attack epimediums?

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I have some near my brunneras. Both are nibbled. I have snail and slug bait out but the bites are from something bigger, I hope someone knows what it is, maybe a night bug of some kind?
Rebecca

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

rabbits? I have one and I used to come out to find different plants chewed to the ground or half chewed... I use a spray product that you spray directly on the plant called "Deer Off". Works really well once I figured out which plants are tasty to the rabbits. I like it better than the one you spray around the plant.

Madison, WI

sterhill,
I'll get some of that for the next season and see if it does the trick. I have not seen rabbits, but
then again this boarder is infront of the house and rabbits won't stay there.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I've only seen a rabbit only twice! But I have seen the destruction of too many plants - I didn't know what had happened until my friend said "Woo! you have a rabbit!" I started spraying and have had no more chewed off plants. Now I have a 'feeling' about what it might go for and spray any new plants coming in. I spray selected plants every couple of months and you have to remember to spray again - or you will get a 'reminder'. I also make sure there is no water that it can reach. No saucers under pots on the patio where it could get a drink. That helps too.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

saw flys cut little half circles in the epimedium leaves

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.