I am FRUSTRATED!!! What is wrong????

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi, All you "geeks" out there!

I am getting so frustrated with all the "stuff" going on with me trying to open pages ("Sorry! This page cannot be found" messages!)--this sometimes even includes my Home Page or trying to open a DG link in a Post--or if I am trying to open a hyperlink to something. This seems to occur more often in the morning of the day. Are the circuits more busy then???
Sometimes I opt to restart my computer, but that takes about 15 minutes to get back to "normal". That is ANOTHER problem.......

E-mails from people, whose addresses I have always had in my address book, are now coming up in my Suspect Spam folder. Like my daughters!!! They still have the same e-mail addresses, BUT--their e-mails, sometimes, are directed to my Suspect Spam folder!!! WHY???? I always click on "add to my address book and send to my inbox", and then--the next time they write me, it still is requesting permission to be added to my e-mail. What is going on?????

Regular "newsletters" I have gotten for ages, and have many times clicked on the "add to my address book and send to my inbox"--still, every time I get them, get sent to the "suspect" folder. I am glad I check it every day, or they would get automatically deleted.

For those of you that will ask the obvious...........

I have Earthling2000 professional as my server. I have Norton Systemworks protecting everything ....I hope!
I have Zone alarm and I have Spam blocker (known Spam and Suspect Spam--set on "high"). I have automatic updates and "One Button Check-Up" running on a regular basis. I have run my "Spybot Search and Destroy" regularly and keep deleting my Temporary Files.

Here are some other "weird" things going on.
If Norton wants to do an update, I have to shut off my Zone Alarm, or it cannot "Open the Program". Does the fact that they are next to each other in my bottom tool-bar have anything to do with it? Someone suggested that??? When it is done, I have to re-activate my Zone Alarm.

If there has been an automatic "Button checkup", I have to sign in all over again in my Home page and my Daves Garden web page that I live on. WHY does it not stay signed on?

Here's a really BIG weird thing!!! Sometimes, for NO reason that I am aware of, my Nortom System Works is deactivated. I only know this if I look down in the bottom task bar and there is a red "x" on my Norton Anti-Virus icon. Then, I have to reactivate it.

Does any of this give you more expert people some kind of a pattern of what is wrong?
I guess I could call Earthlink Support and talk to someone in India, but I thought I would ask the local experts first so I can understand your suggestions.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this ongoing prolem,

Gita

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!