Little frog on my Bengal Tiger Canna

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Here is a little frog I found on my Bengal Tiger canna lily. He was so tiny around an inch..itty bitty and cute.

Thumbnail by gardener2005

He started to climb around trying to get away from the camera.

Then he started turning his back to me. It seemed like he was thinking,"Gee whiz,I hope she goes away soon!"

Here is another picture where the frog looked almost white like a white rock. I`m not sure if it was the same frog or a different frog but this sure looked neat.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

What a sweetie! I wish I'd had my camera yesterday. I got a load of dirt, and had gone through about 30 wheelbarrows full. Pulled a shovelful out, about in the middle of the pile, and saw something move. It was a toad about 1" long. I grabbed him and rinsed him off and put him in a safer spot. I guess when they were digging up the dirt they scooped him up with it. I'm so glad I saw him, poor little thing. I think he was in shock. And I'm really glad I didn't kill him shovelling that dirt! He stayed in the place I put him for about half an hour, and then had moved. Glad to have yet another in the yard.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

That second one doesn't look like he has the same markings as the first. Too cute. I love frogs and toads.

I worked on the picture and sharpened it a bit. This is more like how it looked. The first picture is washed out looking.

I`m glad you like the pictures. Here is one cropped to show close up. These frogs look like they change color in the light somehow. Maybe I need to wear my contacts at all times!

Hico, TX(Zone 8a)

He looks like the same frog to me. The shape and texture and size are the same. Tree frogs I guess, can change color to look like their backgrounds - they have to blend in to survive. This guy couldn't get away, so changed color to fool you?

Quote: indirt said:This guy couldn't get away, so changed color to fool you?

Hmmm... maybe so. I suspected these little frogs could change color but wasn`t sure.

Hico, TX(Zone 8a)

I think tree frogs look like sweet little babies w/ their legs all tucked up under them and the big eyes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.