Free to a good home

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

You dig!

I've got a large Rose of Sharon that came with the house, and it's just in the wrong place, shading the corner of my herb garden. It has double, deep pink flowers and is a really healthy plant, responding well to hard pruning. I just have never liked R-O-S, even as a young child. Don't know why.

Anyone interested?

Julie

Thumbnail by JulieKane
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Julie, I would gladly take some seed. My address is in the exchange.

Thanks,
Anita

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Julie, Are you looking to give away the plant? I would be interested.
Dave

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, Dave - Definitely! It's just the wrong plant in the wrong place here. Come and get it! - Julie

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, Anita -

I've never paid enough attention to R-O-S to notice that it sets seed. But I'll check today, and you're definitely welcome to some. I'll send it when it's ripe.

Julie

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Julie, A bit of a trip for me but I'm trying to remember who else on this forum was saying how much they loved ROS. I think they were from NY. I let them know about the offer if I can remember. (Big "if")
Is Hillsdale near Scarsdale?
Dave

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

Dave, Hillsdale is just across the MA border, 12 miles or so from Great Barrington and maybe 15-17 miles NW of the MA-CT-NY "corner". Do I remember that you're in Hartford? That's one of the airports people around here use. - Julie

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Julie, I'm in Guilford. (Take a right at Hartford and go till Long Island sound) Actually a mile or so before the sound - that waterfront property still eludes me.

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

Well, that is a drive, Dave, but if you want to try it, I'll give you a good feed! - Julie

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very kind of you Julie! But we are too busy with birthdays right now for any daytrips!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.