And because you know, I have to have my whinge of the day...

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

I broke the front of the manure spreader right off. Snapped that thing right off the body.

When we took a good look at it, it was pretty rusty...but the tractor slid sideways in the mud, and the spreader, which is just hitch drawn, not hooked to the pto...it hit the fence posts when the tractor slid, the ones that are sunk big and deep cause they are for the gate. So the spreader gave, not my fence line. I'm not sure which I would rather have had. Fence, I think, cause I can fix that. New spreader? Oh my aching noggin.

So I literally TIED the manure spreder to the hitch. Tied. With a lead rope. And spread that way.

And now instead of doing something useful I am sitting here pricing spreaders. I really, really, don't want to pay John Deere prices for a spreader, BUT, I have credit with them. The other local spreader dealer is Mill Creek, and that's what I have now, the broken one.

Seriously. You know that banging your head against a wall cause it feels so nice when you stop? That could be me, today. ;-D I think someone did that ancient Chinese curse...I am living in interesting times. : )

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!