My weigela!

(Zone 4a)

OMG it is blooming again - the wine and roses one I have. I just love it. It has be to one of my favourite small bushes. I also have the minuet one as well but I just love the purple coloured leaves of the wine and roses. Anyone else have any of these bushes???

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I have French Lace and Carnival that still bloom this late. The hummingbirds always visit them on their fall migration.

York, PA

I just saw the Wine and Roses Weigela at Lowes for $9.99 yesterday but didn't have room in the car for it. I hope to get back over there today and grab one before they are sold out. Glad to hear how much you are enjoying it!

Joanne

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

My French Lace was blooming until yesterday when the landscaper guy decided to 'trim' it for me. I also have a variegata, but that quit a while ago. I have 3 midnight wine that didn't bloom much at all this year...supposed to be a dwarf of wine and roses. I think I need to move them.

Does anybody have My Monet? I'd like to get it. has some pink on the leaves.

(Zone 4a)

I had to move 2 of my weigelas - they are doing well so far. I really needed to get it done this fall.

One more thing - I just love that there are so many different varieties of weigela. I haven't even heard of one that was already mentioned - carnival....amazing!

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I have one that I just bought a couple of months ago, and I love it. Green is great, but I like to mix it up a bit. :) It flowered recently, and it's so beautiful, the contrast between the bright pink flowers and the dark purple leaves! Although the lower leaves are green...

Kelly

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

For contrast, how about this one? Pretty sure it's W. Rubidor, but may be 'Rumba'. This was absolutely beautiful in the spring and now after lots of new growth this summer, it's getting ready to bloom again!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

We planted a border of Weigelas last year - starting with 'Wine & Roses' and ending with 'Variegata'. Here's another nice gold leaf cultivar with soft pink flowers - W. 'Looymansii Aurea'

Thumbnail by rcn48
Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

All of your weigelas are so beautiful. My French Lace (3) are blooming beautifully again too! Don't ask about the Wine and Roses (met with an unfortunate weed wacker accident involving a "helpful" nephew). I also have 15 My Monet which I plan to incorporate in the border edge of a few of my beds. I received them about 4 weeks ago (going in the ground this weekend) so I'll reserve judgement until next spring and let you know. RCN48, may I ask where you bought your Rubidor? I am desperate for a few of these.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I have French Lace, Variegata and Midnight Wine (the dwarf of Wine & Roses). So far the French Lace is my favorite by far. I really have my eye on My Monet, so you'll have to report back, irishbelle, and let us know how they perform for you. i'd love to see 15 of them all in bloom at once!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

irishbelle, the 'Rubidor' was a leftover from a few Weigela liners we bought in 2001. Poor things kicked around the greenhouses and last year I finally found a "home" for them :) Discovered that I have a few more to add to our Weigela border - 'Gold Rush' - even though it doesn't look much different than 'Variegata', the margins are a brighter gold in the spring and has white flowers that age to pink. And also found a 'Carnival' - can't wait to get this one planted - love the tricolor effect of the flowers!

Debbie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.