Schreiner's 72 page 2006 Clollector's Edition Catalog

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Has anyone ordered this catalog or got it with an order? I am looking for a catalog with lots of iris pictures.
Winni

Newfoundland, NJ

I get the Schreiner's catalogs every year. Lots of great pictures of the modern ones, its well worth the 5.00 price just to have the catalog, even if you don't order from them.
Laetitia

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

winnietn. I answered this, but by mistake started it in another iris thread. Patti

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I agree with Laeticia! There are a lot of nice photos in their catalog. I've never ordered but have gotten catalogs.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone, I am going to buy one.
Winni

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

DERN IT!!!!!!!! I just went to their website and they are sold out . Just my luck..

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

SOLD OUT???? They should get more so that all can get one. How disappointing.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes! I am very disappointed that I waited too late. Maybe I can get one come spring.

Newfoundland, NJ

Watch the website in the Spring...as soon as they offer it, grab one 'cause they will sell out! Happened to me a few years ago.
They are valuable enough in themselves that you see them from time to time offered on ebay...so at the very least (if you somehow get tired of looking at the gorgeous pics) it is a good investment!
Laetitia

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I was all set to make an order from this catalog and get in on the red star discount and bonus iris.

But it's too late to mail the order. It would have to be in their hands--basically now.

So I went to their website, but their website doesn't have anything about the red star discount or this special offer they have in their catalog. I can't take advantage of it from the website.

And I can't call in my order because by the time they open up again to take my call--once again, it's too late.

And I couldn't mail in my order earlier because I didn't have the catalog earlier.

Why would they give everyone their website address but not let anyone take advantage of this offer on their website? That doesn't sound too bright to me.

They just lost a heckava big sale. This is a big disappointment. That's about another 15 irises that I would have bought had I been able to. They just lost my business.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Well, I feel somewhat better. I managed to place most of my Schreiner's order on Sutton's and Gardening Bulbs. There are one or two I couldn't find elsewhere, but I guess I have enough irises as it is.

Calhoun, KY

White_Hydrangea, When you select the irises you want on the website it will actually figure up your discount for you as soon as you reach the $80.00 level. It will show what you owe on the shopping cart page after the discount. Some of the irises listed in the sale brochure they sent out already has the discount before you reach the $80.00 level. I hope this helps. I always order from the website and get the discount.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I am going to order in the spring so I can get the catalog. I love looking through them on cold winter nights.
Winni

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

But the only thing I saw on the website was for the previous bonus deal, with the free blueberry bliss iris.

I ordered quite a bit of my list from a couple other online nurseries. Both had good reps on Watchdog, and they were still shipping. Didn't cost as much as Schreiners, and the rhizomes may not be as large. But at least I'll have them to plant.

And there's always next year. I spent quite a bit of today weeding and clearing places in my back yard.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

White_Hydrangea,
I think the discount is already figured in. Small rhizomes will surprise you come spring. I've been weeding and working on beds for weeks. If only there was some kinda magic to keep the weed and grass out.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Years ago, I ordered from the small flier. The next year I got the full sized catalogue. I placed a large order and recieved another the next year. When I didn't order, I didn't get the catalogue. I was very happy with the quality, but had enought to handle.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Sometimes I think that 90% of gardening is weeding! I filled two large trash bags with weeds, and still had some left over.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I finally got all my beds weeded and now I am paying the price. Hands hurt at night and can't make a fist. It is work day in and day out but I love doing it. I'd rather be gardening and cleaning the yard than the house anytime. I use round-up when I can on the buggers and my shovel.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

The magic is Preen for me and Proast for those who can find it. It helps a lot!

Calhoun, KY

I've never heard of Proast. Is that like preen?

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I will have to read up on Both of these.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I've heard a lot about Proast, but can't remember where. Preen works as a pre-emergent. I tear out the chickweed and put Preen down right away. Water it in, or use before it rains. It keeps the weeds down pretty good. Don't use it where you want flowers to reseed.

I think the proast discussion was for quackgrass. It was good for that. It isn't available around here.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2006 7:06 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.