(Frankay) Frank Young

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Frank Young, known as Frankay to DG members, was born on May 2, 1953 and passed away September 2, 2006 at the age of 53. He became a member here on Nov. 17, 2002. Frank lived in Northport, Maine with his beloved wife Leslie and many beautiful dogs.

Frank was known to have a very big heart and loved animals tremendously. He was very involved in the GSP Rescue of New England. He worked as a car mechanic during the day, but sidelined as a photographer, photographing many rescue dogs to have their pictures posted for adoptions. He was a very caring and humane individual, once setting a box trap for a mole in the shop he worked in. All the others said "he's just a rat", but Frank saw more than that. He saw a living breathing thing and walked out to the woods and set it free.

He loved to tell jokes and you can read many of them if you check out the threads Frankay started.

He also loved to collect model fire trucks. He appears to have a big interest in antique vehicles and equipment of all kinds. He posted many pictures of things he loved.

He was an amazing photographer and that's evident, once again, if you look at the threads he started. He had a keen eye for beautiful things and could show them like no one else.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2006 11:33 PM

This message was edited Sep 5, 2006 5:13 PM

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Frankay's last thread started was on 8/25/06 where he wrote that he was on his way to take pictures of a GSP named Gypsy. He was proud of how happy she had become since being rescued and it was hopeful that she would be adopted soon. (Frankay would've loved to adopt every rescue he came across.)

It seems that Frank photographed Gypsy and then had severe chest pains. He sat down for a bit and then drove himself home, whereupon Les came home from work and found him pale and not well. She took him to the ER, where they found his BP to be very high, but all heart tests came out find. They sent him home. A week later, on Sept. 3, 2006, Les wrote this:

Dear Friends,
It is with the most profound sorrow that I tell you that my wonderful Frankay died of a massive heart attack yesterday morning. I can barely breathe or think; all I feel is pain. I know this is not the proper fourum to post this, but I am asking that those of you that would like to make a donation in Frank's memory to contribute to GSP Rescue of New England or Doberman Rescue Unlimited in Sandown New Hampshire. I will post addresses later in the thread when I get them.
When you look to the sky tonight, please telll Frank that I will never stop loving him. Les (Frankay's forever DW).

I talked on DG a few times with Frankay and my heart is so saddened at the loss of such a great man. A man that was so kind to human beings, four legged creatures, and feathered friends. Heaven surely must be full of color right now with such a beautiful person in it's mist. My prayers go out to Les and the rest of Frankay's family.

To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die. Farewell dear friend, until we meet again.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I always enjoyed the posts he made. He seemed like such a sweet passionate person. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

Lani

Crossville, TN

Frank will be missed by those of us in the Garden....but he has now gone to a better Garden! Jo

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I was really upset to hear of his crossing over. He was an exceptionally kind man and will be sorely missed on this side.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I was so shocked to read Les' news - I still can't believe it. Frank's big heart for animals, coupled with his dry sense of humor, made him one of my favorite DGrs.

How old was Frank?

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

This is indeed sooo very sad. Frank will be greatly missed here.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

According to Joan's opening post, he was only 53! I too very much enjoyed his posts. A great guy, for sure!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

It's so sad when we loose a friend, but Frank left behind a wonderful legacy that all can be proud of.

He will live on in all of the lives he touched...and hopefully, his dedication will inspire someone else to continue the work he loved so much.

He was what all of us should aspire to.

Horsens, Denmark

So Sorry Les.
Frank seemed to be a very nice man, only met him a few times, but I could immediately feel how nice a gentleman he was. My heart and thoughts go to you and your family
Monica

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I am so sorry. I enjoyed his posts but I know you are a very low place right now. I will be thinking of you.
Connie

Verona, ON

One of the most wonderful things about Frank was that he loved Les, his pups and riding on his bike. When he talked about any or all of those things the joy in this words was loud and clear. I'll never forget the saga of Holly - you had us all with our hearts in our mouths. The one thing that Frank and Les taught me was your heart was never too full to love another pup.
Miss ya already Frank - loved your dry sense of humour.
Dianne

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

This comes as a great shock to me. I can't even believe he is gone. My heart goes out to you Leslie. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Northport, ME(Zone 5b)

My Friends,
I have been visiting your words when I am strong enough, and I want you to know that you do bring me some peace knowing that you are thinking of both of us. I already have started working my shift at the store (6am-9am) and tommorrow, I will also return to the cattery around 10:00am, after I feed the dogs.
I still am in a strange fog. I am able to drag myself out of bed in the morning, but a numbness follows me and time has become skewed and senseless to me. What I feel in my heart is beyond description....
Both sets of my bosses have become surrogate family. They come over, they call; they try to guide me thru and help me find my feelings. My employer at the cattery, Richard and Peggy Wilson, have just about adopted me as a sister (Richard ran over to the hospital to retrieve me when this horror happened) I have been blessed with being surrounded by people in an inner circle who cry alongside me...
Frankay's brother, sister and mother have brought me into their hearts and have given me courage. One thing that has sadly come to me is that I never thought to tell Frank how very special his mother really is. Here is a woman who just turned 80 in June, is widowed 13 years and has just lost her son, and is now facing results on a suspicious breast mass...and she is rallying for me. Please send your positive energy for Nita.
And, of course, all of you at DG. You have delighted both Frank and myself with your good humour, your insight and support, empathy, smiles , hopes and dreams. I will always be here, I will always be grateful, and I will always find friends here...as has my Frankey.
Thank you, from every fibre in my body. I never knew anyone, literally, who didn't like Frank, and I am so happy (but not suprised) that he found friends here....
Leslie (and Frank)

Thumbnail by Frankay
Verona, ON

Now that pic was something else - no words need to be spoken the respect and the love were there.
Dianne

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Leslie, That is the first picture I've seen of Frankay....imagine all those pictures he posted and this is the first of him :) He is as I pictured him to be. And what a great picture....loving and being loved by a pet.

Thank you for sharing. Thank you for letting us into your lives. Time does heal and I trust you will be laughing at many things that Frank did very soon. He will forever be in your heart and the hearts of others.

Many blessings,
Kathy

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh my, what a comfortable picture. It sure says a lot about Frankay. You are still close in my thoughts.
Connie

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Leslie,

I think of you and Frank often.

Judy

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

I apologize for just finding this thread now, I have not been on DG as much as usual the last few months.

Although Frankay and I didn't frequent the same forums we did occasionally have conversations which were always enjoyable and fun. I regret not knowing him better. I truly believe this world would be a much better place if we had more folks like Frankay. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him well and all who wish they'd known him better. Leslie, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, we will not forget about you. Please come back and visit us and let us know how you and your family are doing.

Hugs,
Heather

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

He was truly one of the kindest people I ever ran across and is missed.

Thinking of you and him Leslie

Verona, ON

Leslie as this time of year comes around I cannot help but remember how we all awaited word on the travel progress of Holly. You and Frank helped build a wonderful memory for me and didn't even know you had done it. For me to know that there such 2 dedicated sincere people out there like the two of you with such big giving hearts meant so much to me.
Dianne

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Les, I see you posting again at DG. It's so good to see you. Frank was good soul, and so are you.

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Thinking about Frankay today and hoping that Les and family are doing well.

Peace,
Kathy

I'm sure today will be a tough day emotionally as it was his birthday.

Thinking fondly of Frankay...

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

We're remembering him with you today, Les.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Positive thoughts for you and yours.

Horsens, Denmark

Thinking of you and your family Les.

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

WOW!

The pain does ease but the memories never go away.

When a D/Driver took Danny and his friend 21, he was only 22 and we had just been married for 4 years.

I just miss the part of "What could have been" as we shared our lives together.

I feel your pain, even though we all grieve in our different ways.

(((Leslie)))

Debi
P.S. I loved the photo, pure love between those two, for sure!

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Leslie,
I never had the pleasure of 'meeting' Frank on here, but I sure wish I had! I can see that his memory will live long, and strong, on this site with the many people that were lucky enough to have gotten to know him! I look forward to learning more about you, and hoping that things are much more peaceful for you and your family! My heart was saddened, but also filled with much joy, in reading all of these posts. Many Blessings to you and yours!
HUGS
Tammy

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Leslie -

It is my loss that I never got to share in the goodness that was he. I guess I'll have to think of him at the Rainbow Bridge playing with those dogs that he so dearly loved and took care of.

I'm sorry for your loss. It seems like he was a great person whose spirit couldn't help but leave a hole in the Universe when it passed.

Kathleen

This message was edited May 2, 2008 10:16 AM

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

Remembering Frank today - it would have been his 55th birthday.

Nancy

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday, Frank.

Northport, ME(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much for remembering Frank today! Wherever he is in the cosmos, I know he appreciates it.

Driving to work today - when I saw the sun rise over the bay - I made sure I told him that I love him. Leslie

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

And with that much love, he hasn't left you. I'm sure he was right there.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

(((Leslie))) thinking of you today.

Happy birthday, Frank!

Verona, ON

Happy Birthday Frank!!! You just keep sending good vibes back to tose who loved you!
Dianne

Northport, ME(Zone 5b)

I love you, Frank. Be good...L

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.