tomato brain

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

We harvested our tomato plants cerebellum yesterday. Physical proof that the plant has (had?) a brain!

Thumbnail by garden_mermaid
Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Hi garden_mermaid,

Now THAT looks like it would surely win a in an ugly mater contest ... someone in the tomato forum had a weird looking one too and it won first prize for weight and also won 2nd prize for Ugliest. What kind of mater you got there? :)

It's actually two costaluto genovese tomatoes that merged in growth. They were so close they became one. After we picked it, I realized it looked like a brain.
I'm attaching a photo with some of its companions so you can see what the "regulars" look like.

Thumbnail by garden_mermaid
Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Okay thanks, it sure looks like a pretty mater. Two other questions if I may:

1. How was productivity for you?
2. Did you enjoy their taste?

As with most people these days, I am starting my list of what I want to plant for 07.

Thanks!

Megan

This variety is very productive and you will need to provide support for the fruit laden vines. We do like the taste of this variety although this year's crop was below our usual standards since we are working with a new garden and don't yet have the soil built up the way we like it. I will plant this again next year. It can be used as both a fresh eating tomato or a sauce tomato.

I purchased the seedling in June, it was planted after the middle of June, so it has just started ripening over the past few weeks. The green tomatoes in the picture were picked because the weight of the fruit caused the branch to break.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.