Thank you DG

Hillside, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you DG
Just a note that I wanted to write to express my gratitude to all members of DG.A little bit about myself,Male,47,Married with 2 boys,Work in construction as a heavy equipment operator in the Chicago area and had very little know how of growing plants.Before I would always go to the local nusery to do my landscaping.This year I wanted something different and did not want to spend big $$$$. In the past 6 months I have increased my knowledge due to the expertise of the members,the ease of use of this website and books (Recommended by DG)
Even though I goofed up with some plants,i.e. height,blooming time,etc. I learned from my mistakes.
I have submitted some before and after pics to show what has been done,and to all kids (4-H,scouts,etc.)researching for projects, this is to show you what can be done by just reading.
Again Thanks to All and to DG,You have a member for life
Marty Collins

All plants in before pics were from local nusery, In after 95% of all plants are grown from seeds

I did not know which forum to put this in so I have submitted to Dave's Garden,Annuals and perennials since I will be using these the most

This message was edited Sep 4, 2006 11:57 AM

Thumbnail by dozer613
Hillside, IL(Zone 5a)

Front after DG

Thumbnail by dozer613
Hillside, IL(Zone 5a)

Back before DG

Thumbnail by dozer613
Hillside, IL(Zone 5a)

Back after DG

Thumbnail by dozer613
Hillside, IL(Zone 5a)

The pics were taken about 2 weeks ago here is a more recent one of the back

Thumbnail by dozer613
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow! I love it! I feel the same way about DG -- though I don't have the pictures to prove it yet!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Aha, another one bites the dust, lol. Just to let you know, there is no cure for the DG Addiction : )

Your yard looks amazing! Don't spend too much time fretting over the mistakes, lol, they're gonna happen.

Welcome to DG!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Dozer, you have a very neat garden...you obviously learned quite a bit from DG. With so many reference people on this site, how could you not! You'll be the envy of your neighbourhood in no time.

(Zone 5a)

Dozer, a beautiful garden you have there! I'm very new here and I'm learning new things every day!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Marty, thanks for sharing the before/afters. everything looks great! I still can't believe the number of real experts there are here at DG, and the excellent advice from experienced amateurs and just plain support and encouragement. It's nice that you took the time to post a thank you, and I second it!!

gram

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow! Dozer you did good. ;) Your front and back yard looks fantastic. Very pretty. Your hard work has paid off.

The gardeners here at DG are great aren't they!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Didn't look bad before, but looks awesome now!! Good job and isn't this place great??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.