I have a dream....

Bambi ate more of my plants during broad daylight. Bambi left hoof prints. I had the tubes and figured I'd get them on the plants after our guests left today. I lost 3 plants to Bambi earlier this afternoon.

I have this dream. This is not my photo, I found it in an e-mail I had saved while looking for the poop photo I posted in another thread. Wouldn't it be nice if every home had a doorbell like this-

Thumbnail by Equilibrium

Not to spoil the dream above but does anyone know anything about this yet-
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin

How sad. If this is true, my kids will be heartbroken.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

EQ:

Having a bit of a scatological fixation these days?

Maybe a therapeutic visit to the Soil and Composting Forum is in order...

Yaa, maybe I'll toddle on over to the compost forum and see if there are any kindred souls composting Bambi. Doubtful but you never know.

By the way, Steve Irwin is dead. The world has lost one of its most passionate environmentalists.

Sad that the "Crocodile Hunter" died doing what he loved. My pumpkins will miss him for sure, they loved his show.!

Denver, CO

No kidding.
I am having trouble not laughing. Poor brute's kid won't have known him ,eh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin
Man, Wiki updates fast. Still seems like a prank.

K

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Wasn't Irwin the weird Australian that almost fed his kid to crocodiles or something like that? I recall reading that about the same time that Michael jackson was dangling kids out over balcony railings . . .

Evil, what aren't you saddle training those overgrown dogs of yours and riding out with lance in hand to challenge the high muck-de-muck deer to a joust? Or just teach them that deer tastes good? Then when they solve your local deer problem, send them down here for a little vacation.

Guy S.

Both appear to have exhibited inappropriate behavior. Not much I can say about Michael Jackson given he has a history of bizarre behavior. As pertains to Steve Irwin, I saw several replays of the incident as well as several interviews in which he and his wife were asked to share their "side" and I don't quite understand all the hype. No, I wouldn't have allowed my husband to do that with one of our children but then that's just me and we humans frequently aren't all that comfortable with that which we don't understand.

Goey, Our dogs are afraid of deer. They bark a lot when they're on the inside of the house and one strolls across the backyard but if they are outside and one strolls by, they'll all but yank my arm out of the socket trying to get back in the house. Sorry, I truly wish I could help you out down there but I can't help myself.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

I don't know (well, really I do), but that deer butt certainly wouldn't be my dream doorbell. It says one of two things for me:
1. I don't want any visitors
2. The only visitors I want are ones who would stick a finger up an animal's butt.

YUCK ! ! !

(C'mon, ya know ya'all were thinkin' it.)

I was more thinking of it as twofold.

One, Bambi was stuffed which would be a good thing these days.

Two- a sort of "Smile You're On Candid Camera" deal. Imagine the looks on people's faces when they realize where they have to stick their finger to ring your doorbell. I think it would be hysterical.

Eau Claire, WI

What would be really hysterical is if you could configure it with an electro-mechanical divice that would make the tail move when they pushed the butt(on).

We had a fish on a plaque that if you clapped your hands it wiggled. That was fun for a while. I think a wagging Bambi tail would be fun too. Might startle a few people though.

Eau Claire, WI

Duh-vice

Collingswood, NJ(Zone 6b)

I need a rabbit rump doorbell. Little varmints are eating my asters again.

EQ, that would be funnier than hilarious! If that wouldn't win a prize on Candid Cam - I mean America's Funniest Home Videos, I don't know what would. And the tail wagging, certainly doable.

But you still won't see it at my house. And I am not a city boy. Grew up with hunting. We had a deer tail attached to the antenna of our family car so Mom could find it it parking lots. That was from the 1950's right up through the craze of antennae with styro balls.

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

ok im piddling ... guy calls equil evil and equil calls guy gooey and yer tawkinn about varmint butts and mechanized taxidermized doorbells . ?***!# !!! and one of you admits to a mom with a body part tacked to her car! for id purposes!!??? no wonder yer dawgs r scared!
ha
best laugh ive had all day!
dont even remember why i was on this thread???!
oh yeah i looked cause equil always makes me laugh.... heres a happy critter butt moment

Thumbnail by greenobsessed
Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I only call her Evilibrium because she's hundreds of miles away and can't get down here to clobber me! (Well, that, plus she threatens some of my beautiful trees with her chain saw . . . )
Guy S.

Oh oh oh! There's that foot sticking out! I've seen a similar photo from you before of your babies (husband and cat). We have a new cat named Eli. He attacks feet so you won't find any sticking out here any more.

Goey Goey Goey! I have friends in high places. Behave or I'm calling your wife to slap you silly.

Denver, CO

Ak! GreenOppressed,
In the interest of not obecoming a compulsive-handwashing germiphobe, please don't tell me about any disgusting habits your dog has... Like rolling in unmentionables.
How's that Mazus reptans? Taking over yet?

Naa, she doesn't have any dogs with disgusting habits but I do.

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

ok
thing one
yup i try only to document obsessive butt washing once per critter.
thing two, where ya been violet boy(oops that was gesneriads wasnt it ?)???? and my mazus has been trimmed several times now and i love it . it keeps the dirt off the rocks...(speaking of obsessive) . just call me taya scissor hands!
thing two my dog doesnt roll in unmentionables! she eats them.
but eqi beats that, she steps in her dogs gross unmentionables!!!
oh by the way james, im afraid i forgot to water the cuttings you gave me while i was doing the rest of the patio>>>>>im sorry i wasted your beautiful flower bits... heres a pic of the patio finished ... since you can appreciate some of the before mess

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

and i know im in the tree forum but heres a rose just to be disobedient

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

oh and one more of the path under the cherry trees

Only in America . . . . . maybe.

Well greenobsessed! You just blew what I was doing over here out of the water. Great job!

Denver, CO

Taya's garden is the most tastefully artful I have ever seen, to be very honest (and depart from the prior tone of our banter...)
Your patio looks better done than those AV leaves did alive!
And roses are woody shubs, eh?

Kenton

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

kenton, thanks for that overly generous compliment!!! and the forgiveness for killing your babies! i have been enjoying the fruits of my labours (and my dh's) .
equil ..i love reading your threads you always make me laugh. i think you should pee all around your trees. ive heard that works.. and then theres the hair clipping thing.. bring a bag to the hairdressers next time.
or .... theres the shot gun solution.... i contemplated that one the morning i woke up after planting 750 crocus bulbs in my front yard...( i thought i was going to be the envy of the neighborhood, no one in c/u seemed to know about crocus!) (they were a house warming gift from my mother). when i looked out at a first i thought some one had shot holes in my yard!... then i realized the squirrels had removed every grass plug where i had planted the crocus.that would be like 375 holes! the squirrells thought id gone bonkers playing hide and seek with their snacks!... needless to say i dont have any crocus in my lawn! ( neither does anyone else) i do learn quickly, dont i ?.
cya
taya

His compliment wasn't overly generous.

Pee around all the trees, eh? I was so desperate I actually had all our kids outside whizzing. I distinctly recall reminding them to tinkle outside please. I even told them to show their little friends what great fun it was peeing outside. It got to the point where they were killing plants and then I had to break them of whizzing outside because none of them wanted to take the time to come in any more. Forget whizzing on trees, it doesn't do much other than kill other plants. First rain and PeeBGon.

Hair clippings. Been there done that. We even groom the dogs on the driveway with shedding rakes. It blows all over the place. I'd say hair cuttings don't work. They probably just nibble around them. Now maybe if I was related to a bunch of Cousin Its I might have stood a fighting chance.

Squirrels, did you have to start swearing in an open thread like that? It's about that time of year again. I have a love hate relationship with them and pretty soon the hate is going to start coming out full force.

Denver, CO

Taya, try Eranthis and Galanthus. Ask someone around if they are squirell-proof to be sure, first...
K

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

Kenton thanks for the suggestions..i have planted snow drops many times in the fall with NO results... ive been told that you have to divide from plants just after blooming ... i have only one friend with them here and shes not the type to share! ... i may try looking for them in places i can steal them like the local woodlands .. any tricks to getting them to work from fall plantings? maybe plant them sooner so they have time to start??? .. those butter cuppy anemone i have naturalized under the spruces out back... but i wanted those puddles of crocus in the middle of the front lawn like i had seen all over in nj. i think mowing the anemone would kill the plant .. ??? they kind of dissappear after late spring so i dont think i could even find them now!

Denver, CO

Trouble establishing Galathus? That's like saying superman got #2 in a weight liftin competition. Where did you order them from? A good supplier helps, they are small bulbs and benefit from early planting (early fall) but still, those buggers are tough.
I'm not remmebering the other spring bulbs that shoudl do nicely in a lawn.
K

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

yup i dont have a black thumb with most things but thats been a frustrating one! as i read they say to divide right after the leaves wither ... so i think fall may not be optimal and lead to rot as theyre too dormant .???? im going to press my friend in spring...
t

Thornton, IL

Speaking of p, I almost broke water laughing at that doorbell! If the tail wagged when pressed, that would be so hysterical. It could even have a musical accompaniment, like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Sad news regarding Croc Hunter, but I do understand why he held the baby and fed the crocodile. Cause he is (was) a man. His wife may have defended him in public, but I promise you, he got a severe spanking for that stunt! Now I know this is bad of me, but my first reaction upon hearing of his freakish demise was to laugh, it was just so off the wall. Do you think his last thought was "Crikey!"?

I'm so so sorry, I know I'm going to burn. :0)

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

ROFL!!!! more like crikey! %$#@**&!*$##!
i had precisely the same reaction a moment of poetic justice.. sad tho

Thornton, IL

yes, and so many kids loved him too.

Denver, CO

Thanks PG5, I have offended several people this week with my reaction to laugh at Mr. Irwin's mode of departure. I'm certain there was a massive conspiracy- involving a chondrichthyan asassin hired unanimously by the countless endangered creatures across the globe tired of being poked.

I bet he got paid well. Piles of urchins to be sure.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Ah, but did he live long enough to eat them?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.