Exciting New Combo!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Holiday Weekend...Earlier this year I had all my hanging baskets full of Petunias and enjoyed them alot but as the Summer proceeded they just bit the dust ...so several weeks ago I replaced them all with Bouganvillas...I love Clematis "Venosa Violacea" So much that I planted another one this past Spring and she is on her 3rd bloom period for me..I really love the combo of the vivid purple and the hot reddish-pink of the Bouganvilla..Don't you?....Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Come Closerrrrrrr

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and Closerrrrrrrr

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I just find those two colour together Yummy enough to eat!!!..Hope you enjoyed...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

yes, it is pretty fantastic.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Great combo! I really like your clever idea of wrapping the wire around the brick corner! Looks wonderful!
Will the bougies survive the winter for you? That will be a show-stopper when the clematis covers the bricks with blooms and that bougie blooms along with it. Wow! Sure hope you post a picture when it does so I can drool. LOL

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Definitely is yumming looking! Great combo!!
:) Donna

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL - that is sooo beautiful. Looks like you have your very own 'Red Hat Society".
(You may not be old enough to understand this one). LOL
Claire

Edited to say 'not'

This message was edited Sep 3, 2006 8:59 PM

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful combo! "Venosa Violacea" is one of my all time favorite Clematis and it looks great with your Bougie!!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I am just dipping into the clematis vines, My husb dug holes with the post hole digger around the posts. Ground was a mix of clay and cement ( used to set the posts). I filled the holes with a mix of hardwood mulch and composted cow manure and hosed the mix down with water several times.

Can't wait to get the new plants, will dig out the holes enough to receive the plants and fill in with leaft compost.

My little 'Climador' cultivar I purchased from a nursery in a qt. pot this spring grew abt. 4 ft during Aug and is blooming again. I have to find a site that tells me what group it is in, otherwise willprune it back beyond current buds for winter.

Gosh, your pics are so spectacular. Sure hope I will have some to show next year.
Claire

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks everyone..Claire ..Your Climador...aka Konigskind is a Pruning group 2..which mean no pruning unless to shape or keep in bounds and ONLY prune after its bloom period is done...Jeanne
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=478

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the link JeanneTx. Got a note from Silver Song Gardens that she is shipping my four new ones this week. I'm so Excited.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.