Norton Antivirus ???

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

It this should be posted some place else, or if there is already a thread re the same, please advise.

My aunt has a Dell PC, XP is her OS, and Norton Antivirus came with her setup. Within the past several weeks, there has been a Norton Antivirus renewal pop up that has finally shut her computer down. So, I purchased an upgrade from Norton, online, $40, and it did zero! I searched and finally found a reference to the exact problem my aunt is having, with a telephone number. My aunt called the number, got an answer service, figured it was a no go, so she called her bank and cancelled the $40 for the upgrade. Later that afternoon, 'Paul' called re the message my aunt left and said that she NEVER should have bought an upgrade online and that he would send her, via FedEx or UPS, a solution to her problem. We are still waiting for the 'overnight' solution - but this happened yesterday, so we will give them the benefit of the doubt. Okay, in the meantime, I read reviews re Norton Antivirus on Amazon, and, whew, were they ever toasted, and I do not mean cordially, with regard to the renewal pop up re Norton's and the problem discussed is the exact problem my aunt is having, the Norton pop up makes it impossible to use said computer, and we learned that, apparently, others are having the exact problem and we are unable to locate a telephone number for Nortons or a customer service email addy or landline number. Is the pop up a virus?? I have a Mac and I've been away from PCs for several years and do not know what is going on regarding such as this. Are we the only ones to have such a problem?? If you had the problem, how did you cure it?? My aunt has only had her Dell for 14 months and it looks like it is a goner if we don't find a way to get the pop up off her screen. Crazy, huh?? Yep, we are from Arky. Thanks!!!!!

This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!