Can you help me identify this Flowering Shrub?

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I bought this shrub at the Tryon Palace historic plant sale last year. It is very fragile looking, and needs to be staked where it is or it will take over the whole spot. It has small leaves that are sort of roundish, and tiny pink flowers with an almost orchid look to them. It is in one of the few spots in the yard where I can plant some shade perennials - that place gets only morning sun.

I took these photos about 6 weeks ago, but just before Ernesto, it had taken on a beautiful, cascading shape. Now the stakes are all cattywampus, and I would like to take the opportunity to move it, where it would be shaded in the morning but would get afternoon sun.

I tried to post two photos - a closeup and this one, but can't figure out how to do that.

Any thoughts?

Entlie

Thumbnail by Entlie
Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

I believe it's a lespedeza. Probably a named cultivar. If it is it will get big and you'll need to give it space.

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I looked it up, and that's it! Thanks very much!

I think after reading up on it, I can move it to a different spot where it will still be happy, and allow me to plant more part-shade stuff in it's old home.

Entlie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.