The problem with rain is MUD

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

I did not have a fun yesterday. The feed company delivered soaking wet shavings to us a couple of days ago, which we didn't take, so we were WAY short on shavings, which means we were just eeking it out till they delivered DRY shavings, which they were supposed to do at 9 am yesterday, which was good, because there were 15 horses standing in out of the rain.

At 5 pm yesterday, they showed up. And didn't want to come up the farm lane because they were worried about sinking. This despite the fact I'd just driven a 3500 dually Dodge and a loaded 6 horse trailer up the same lane. *insert nasty name here*

So they off loaded two pallets of shavings into my mother's GARAGE. 120 bags. At 6 pm. With the tail end of Ernesto blowing. And 15 horses standing on really nasty beds.

My whole family was out there last night, it took us till 10 o'clock to strip stalls, move the shavings, get everyone bedded. Even Sophie had a job was smoothing out the shavings once the bags were dumped. (Sophie is the 4 yo).

Me, my sister, my husband, mother, aunt, 13 yo, one of our students, ....what a pain in the neck.

Who knew my tractor had HEADLIGHTS? I discovered them by accident fumbling around in the dark.

I am crabby pants this morning.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!