OE/Netscape Email troubles

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi all,

I used to use the Netscape Mail & Newsgroup program to get and send email. AOL, I guess, owns Netscape, and they have "upgraded". I can no longer use my Netscape program to access my email. I finally got it figured out by adding Netscape to OE. But OE, doesn't have a way for me to do a spell check. I searched, and it says if I have Microsoft Word or Microsoft Powerpoint, then I would have spell check. I have XP home edition and I have Microsoft Works Word and I also have Powerpoint. But still no spell check. Under tools, it says spelling, but it isn't highlighted at all, meaning I can't click on it. There also is no spelling under options.

I have another question for anyone who uses Netscape mail or just used the Netscape browser. My email address is whatever @netscape.net. When I try to sign in at Netscape or AOL, I get that I need a valid @netscape.com email address. I searched thru all their fact sheets and cannot find anything regarding this. I also contacted Netscape, using the live chat. She said it was for members only. I don't know what she meant, and I asked her if it was for paying members only. She didn't answer me and cut the chat off. My ISP is not Netscape, I have Verizon DSL and I used them last night because their email program wasn't working on OE, but she couldn't help me with the Netscape.

For my browser, I use Mozilla Firefox.

Any suggestions or do I even make sense :o) ?

Terry

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!