Ginger Swirl - Rebloom or Late Bloom?

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

The iris that is just now beginning to bloom for me is Ginger Swirl. Got it last year from Laurie F. It is lovely and so nice to have it blooming now. It did not bloom this spring, so I am wondering if it is a rebloomer, or if that late bloom sometimes happens if they don't bloom in the spring? Could one cut them back early in thyear so they are forced to bloom later, I wonder?
Sharon

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Sharon,

I've been offline for weeks because my hard drive died! I just now managed to get to a neighbor's house to borrow their computer for a few hours and saw your post. Since I'm not at home, I can't check my reblooming iris checklist. As far as I know, though, GS is not a rebloomer. Have you checked your iris against the pics of GS I have on my website and here in the PlantFiles to make sure I didn't send a mislabeled iris to you (Heaven Forbid!!!)? Fortunately, GS is distinctive enough to be able to identify through pics.

If I ever get my computer up and running again, I'll get back to you and let you know if GS is listed in the Reblooming Checklist. If it's not, just chalk the late bloom up to goofy weather patterns.

Laurie

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Yes, I looked it up in plant files and it is not supposed to be a rebloomer and they look the same to me.
We just got a new computer and it works so wonderfully compared to all the glitches of the old one! I will even be able to send pics with this one. I am ecstatic!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.