Stat Counter Question for My Website

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I have no idea if this is feasible or not, so here goes. I have a new website for my new business. I use a free stat counter site that tracks who visits my site, what pages they see, how long, etc. I really like it for what it is. There is a feature that tells me who visits my site, where they came from, etc. For the "Recent Visitor Activity" one part is says: Hostname: cpe-27-62-47-12.tnany.res.rr.com (27.62.47.12) [I have changed the numbers but not the format]. I can see the city and state, but that is all the definite information I see.

I am interested in finding out who are some of the people who stayed at least 5 minutes or longer to see if they are issuing an RFP, if they would like to talk to someone from my business, etc. Some people have called me on the phone, but I would like to be proactive in responding to the visitors.

Is there any way I can use the IP numerical address to find out the name of the company is that visited my site? I've tried to enter it several different ways, to no avail.

Thanks so much for your help.

Carmen

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!