Considering canning pears for the first time. need help.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Hello,

I wish I had payed more attention to everything my mother did when I was a teenager. I whole heartly regret it now that I love to garden myself.

I am "thinking" about trying to can pears this year. I want advice on how to do it using the water bath method. I did read a little on it but came here instead to get step by step instructions if someone has the time to tell me how to do this.

I'm just not sure I want to put the money into all the equipment yet for canning until I know it will be something that I will be wanting to do. I am just starting to get into veggie gardening and am working my way up slowly. I have preserved my corn on the cob with boiling and then the freezing water and straight into the freezer. I followed step by step directions I found on the net. I haven't been able to find the same step by step for the pears.

Dott

This thread has 40 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!