Farm Stewardship Eastern Triangle Farm Tour Sept 23-24

Raleigh, NC

*****Go to www.carolinafarmstewards.org for more info******

Not sure if I'm supposed to plug this here, but I saw a notice today and wanted to spread the word. The Carolina Farm Stewardship Association is hosting the 1st Annual Tour of Eastern Triangle Farms Sept 23-24 1-5 PM. Pick up a guide at all Whole Foods Market locations in Cary, Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest and Chapel Hill; Five Eighteen West Italian Cafe and Irregardless Cafe, downtown Raleigh (518 W Jones and 901 W Morgan); and Southern States at 32 Bickett Blvd in Louisburg.

CFSA says the purpose of this tour is "..to help connect you and your family with where your food comes from, who is growing it, and how it is being grown..." but its also just a heck of a lot of fun to go out and see how others grow things, pet livestock, sample delicious food and get out of the city. Ten farms are participating, all within reasonable driving distance of the Triangle and Louisburg. Some larger, some small-scale market gardens, some with livestock, some not. All practice some form of sustainable agriculture i.e. protecting the environment and land while producing their product. One (Hilltop Farm) is certified organic.

Great learning experience for gardeners, farmer wanna be's, kids and those who care about small scale farmers surviving. Excellent opportunity to sample their wares and learn their methods.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.