Sky Blue vine finally blooms

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Thought it would never bloom. I have it hanging on the stove building. Next year I will find a better place to put it. The dark bloom you see is the true color. I kept it in the greenhouse this past winter and had a few blooms, never saw a seed.

Thumbnail by lizh
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Mine bloomed profusely until hot, hot weather came, then it stopped. It had one lonesome bloom on a 5-gallon plant this morning, and no more buds in sight!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Mine never blooms until almost time for frost. It is huge and I would love to see it in full bloom.

Kay, My sweet autumn clematis and the Ruppert clematis you sent me are in bloom. I just love them both.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow I love this vine. jerodsmom do you get any freezes where you are at? I am curious if it would survive here in the desert.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Patricia, I love YOU TOO!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Skyflower Vine, Thunbergia, blooms late summer, early fall. If it has room to grow & spread, it will make a blanket of green with flowers everywhere. It also comes in an 'Alba'. I have one of each going up an arch. It won't bloom this yr b/c the deer have stripped it too many times. They just love those leathery leaves. They will wait til it has enough leaves & strip it again. They never bite the stem & it comes back again.
But I am out foxing them. I now have the whole arch surrounded by Chicken Wire, 6' tall. These deer are not going to win!!!

Moody, TX(Zone 8a)

This has been really a strange year.....My alba has had a scattering of blooms all summer. My blue has not bloomed yet. They are planted side by side so they get exactly the same conditions. Last year only the blue bloomed and it was in the fall as it should be. Both are 6 or so years old.
Patsy

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Sure glad to see that my Alba is in keeping with it's family. The ones @ the Farm are blooming & have been all summer but they are well established like yours. But also like yours, not as much as last summer!
I was pulling weeds by my arch yesterday & I have 3 buds on my blue. Made sure the chicken wire was protecting them!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.