ITS TUESDAY - Company's coming and my house is a mess....

Philadelphia, MS(Zone 7b)

Mom called. She, an aunt, uncle and dear friend are driving up today. I haven't cleaned house in over a week! I've got the vacuum plugged in but that's as far as I've gotten. Dust in a mile deep and .......gotta go and search the fridge and pantry for food.... My oh my! Hope ya'll have a good day
Tomorrow I go to have new legs fitted. Holding my breath - it really can be an ordeal. They keep trying different things and sometimes forget what they've tried before that didn't work! I'll either be in a really good mood tomorrow evening or ready to scream....either way - hope to talk to ya'll again Thursday.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Since they are all family..... hand them a broom and a dust cloth, tell them to stop and get something for lunch, that way 30 minutes after they get there you all will be sitting down all smiles to lunch. They will feel good about helping and you'll feel good that your house is presentable.

Have a good time.

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

PS I was up at 4 AM because I wanted to surprise BigDaddy99 (Bob). I woke up posted the thread here and also posted on my website.

Philadelphia, MS(Zone 7b)

Judy, they did come, surprised me by bringing ME lunch. I had the house "straightened" - definitely not clean but as good as I could do at the moment (finally vacuumed and mopped - gave up on trying to dust).
We had a very good visit. We had one of our 30 second rains while they were here! Glad to have someone from out of town witness just how short it was!
I'm tired now and will probably vegetate for the rest of the day

Deb

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Deb -
I'm glad your visit was nice. :-)
How are the new legs?

Ripley, MS

If you don't want to have company, just keep the house clean. The minute it gets in a mess, someone will show uop, it works every time--lol
All my friends and family know if I can be outside doing something, I will let the house go till a rainy day, so no one expects much of me as far as cleaning in the summer time.
Sandra

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.