Help with Gift

Peoria, IL

Help - I live in Central Illinois - I have a girlfriend living in Oklahoma (Zone 7a) who I want to send a memorial in honor of her daughter who passed - I would like it to be something she could plant (rose bush, small tree, etc) but I don't know what would be good for that area - Any suggestions from anyone would be so much appreciated

Lonoke, AR(Zone 7b)

slfiddes,

I am so sorry for your friend's loss. My heart goes out to her.

Recently, I started an area like that in my yard...sort of a "memorial" for my grandparents whom I adored. I planted a hibiscus because the blooms reminded me so much of them both. I think this is a wonderful gift for your friend. A hibiscus would do well there , I am in zone 7b and wouldn't think it's that different. Those little tea rose bushes have also done well here. I don't like mine as well as I thought I would, and I basically ignore it.....it just blooms and blooms just to spite me I believe !

I'm sure your friend will appreciate you thinking of her in this way!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

slfiddes,
How very nice and what a special gift that will be for your friend. I too am very sorry for her loss.

Can you tell me where or what part of Oklahoma your friend lives? That could make a difference.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.