Clematis "Pink Champagne"

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Aka "Kakio"..I planted this in my Garden this past March and am finally getting my first bloom!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I am so thrilled..silly me!!..LOL

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Such a Deliciously Rich deep Pink!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I have her planted along with David Austin's Climbing rosa "Tess of d'Urbenvilles" and white Clematis "John Huxtable"..on my new Rose Arbor

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Very pretty, Jeanne.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful saturated color on this Clematis! You have every right to be thrilled! I like the combo of 'Pink Champagne' with Rose, 'Tess of d'Urbenvilles'. Has "John Huxtable" bloomed yet?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shirley!!..Hey girl..where have you been...I never see you around anymore ..thanks..."John Huxtable" was planted at the same time and has bloomed once!! Nice to see you..you have been missed on other forums too!!"John" is on the Left and "Kakio" is on the right!!..that was my way of trying to keep them separate for pruning..LMBO~~!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

What a beautiful rich rose color. I didn't get mine from out west yet. Probably not until Labor day. Took the post hole digger and made holes 26" deep and 24 inches across. Threw the cement and clay mix away and filled the holes with a mixture of hardwood chips and composted manure. And lots of water. When the plants come I will dig out the holes and place the plants in leaf compost.

I planted a 1 qt. pot of clematis "Climador", a hybrid I bought at a local nursery (Proven Selections Perennials). It is growing like crazy and has some buds on it.
It did bloom this spring in its pot and is going to bloom again. I have to research how to prune it.

You folks have been such a big help in my pursuit of getting some extra nice clematis. Those that are coming should be great.

Please keep posting, I am learning so much.
Claire

Lindenhurst, NY

HI Jeanne. How are you doing??

Your clematis and rose looks beautiful growing on there. I love them.
Maureen

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Jeanne, she is beautiful!!!!! You have a very nice planting there with your roses and clematis!!! Love it!!

Debbie

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jeanne, you've got D-mail.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Jeanne, stick your nose down in there and see if your pink champagne is fragrant. It is not listed as fragrant but mine is. A very soft fragrance, but lovely.
Thanks!
Donna

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Yall..and here she is fully opened..be still my beating heart...Yes PudgePies..she has a faint scent!!..Thanks for telling me....Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

oh good, I am so glad yours is fragrant too. I just love how the center strip gets all silvery, don't you? I have to say, this is really my favorite clematis of the 30+ I have. She was a rescue originally and I always say she does so well to thank me for saving her. LOL The fragrance is just a bonus.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

OK, I have to have this one now!! LOL Who's good to buy from in the fall?

Debbie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I bought this one from Debbie over at Silver Star Vinery

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

She doesn't have it listed so I sent her an email. This is a good time to plant isn't it??

Debbie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes..this is a great time for planting clematis..but alot of people run out because it's peak planting time for fall..I see she is out.Dan over Brushwood is out and so Is Chad over at GardenCrossings.com but I see Joycreek has 10 left...so you best hurry up before they are gone..goodluck...Jeanne
http://www.joycreek.com/150-108-1.htm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.