My tomatoes grew noses

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Not real sure what caused this. I believe it had something to do with the tomatoe being against the plastic ties to hold up the plant on the supports. Aren't they cute? I drew a face on one but forgot to take a photo.

Debra

Thumbnail by fleursdefouquet
Phoenix, AZ

LOL...they sure do look nice and juicy!!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL! Would that variety be called Jimmy Durante???

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Jimmy Durante............I like that - cha cha cha cha cha! They probably would have been good tasting, but I left them sitting around too long while I admired their noses and got over-ripe.

Good night Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are.....

Debra

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Amen! (And you brought tears to my eyes!) What a lovely tribute to man who lived to be remembered!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm not quite "of that generation", but I learned what I know about Jimmy Durante from my 2nd grade teacher. Her class produced a variety show for the rest of the school every year. Her students impersonated famous entertainers - including Jimmy Durante. Would never had known who Mrs. Miller (sings in a very high voice) was if it wasn't for her. Since I had no talent - still can't carry a tune in a bucket - I was a "Bubble Girl" from the Lawrence Welk Show, a puppet master, and sang in a chorus line of 2nd grade girls holding our baby dolls and singing "Oh, You Beautiful Doll - You Great Big Beautiful Doll..."

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL! I hear ya!

For years my Mom used tell us, "When I'm gone, just talk about me. I don't care if it's good ot bad - just keep me alive with your thoughts and comments."

So whenever I hear someone who "remembers"... I think what a blessing you are giving. In your case, you are respecting Jimmy Durante AND your teacher!

(Hi, MOM!!!)

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

"just keep me alive with your thoughts and comments"

What a wonderful request.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Like we would ever forget!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.