Odd seedlings today.

Louisville, KY

Well each day this time of the year I get to see something new no one has ever seen before. New hybrid cannas are blooming each day and though most look similar to forms already grown but ever so often I get something completely new.

This seedling though it may end up being normal growing size. I thought was odd blooming so small. This maybe the smallest I have seen a canna flower anyone else get one smaller?

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

This one looks to have a similar light variegated leaf of tropicanna. This is a seedling and has just now started producing some interesting leaves.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

This is my mothers small hybrid canna field. These are my hybrids but she grows them out for me sense I have so many I need to grow each year she enjoys the look and I get to see which is worthy she keeps the rest. This crop was interesting out of about 200 seedlings I have found about 10 that are worth me keeping this is seems to be much larger odds than I am use to with breeding canna.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

New hybrid at my mothers field. Looks to be a very light pink on fairly dark leaves. So far it has pormise.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I like them all!! Wait a minute here...they're yours so of course they are awesome!!! LOL

Louisville, KY

I wish I could post all the cannas up I have thousands of photos I wish I could post whole folders at a time LOL.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I wish I could post any picture!! My printer is mad at the computer which in turn is mad at the internet so I can't post any until I get a new printer that will behave. Then gotta get the kinks all taken care of on the computer. After that I can post away!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.