Hollyhock seeds available - these are Wine color blooms

Seattle, WA

These Hollyhocks reach a height of about 9 feet and produce lots of flowers.

If anyone wants some seeds, please send a postage-paid envelope to:

Jennifer Griffithe
9601 - 8th Avenue NW
Apt. 2
Seattle, Washington 98117

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Jennifer...what type of hollyhocks are they?

Seattle, WA

Alcea rosea plena.

Mid-Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5b)

I'd love to try these. I've never had any. Are you wanting to trade. I'm not sure I have anything special here. Do they get started in the spring? Do they need a cold period? Um. Guess I'm kind of new to this.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

thanks Jennifer,I'll get you a sase right away.Mike

Seattle, WA

No, not looking to trade. There is an abundance of these seeds - and it seems a pity to not put them to good use.

This is the first year I've had success with them, but as far as I know, from a Master Gardner, they do very well in cold temperatures.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

lee when you say very good in cold temps....do you mean that we can go ahead and start them now??

Madison, WI

I'd like some too. Sending a bubbler and thank you for sharing.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I sent a bubler,and I want to thank you again,because hollyhochs are among my favorite.Yours sound so healthy,and I have never had any that large.Mike

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

I'd like to try some of these seeds. Is a regular professional size SASE okay? I see some people implying that they're sending a bubble mailer.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I would love some if you have extra seeds to share.

Seattle, WA

Yes, I would go ahead and plant the seeds now. Dig a row, about 4 inches deep, drop in the seeds and cover them.

A bubbler envelope, about 3" by 5" is fine.

Mid-Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5b)

I have to go to the post office to send cuttings on Tuesday. I'll pick up a 'bubbler' and I'd like to try to grow some of these. The color really appeals to me and I always notice these plants when I see them in other people's yards. Thanks so much for the offer and the info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.