Tropical Storm Ernesto

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Here we go folks....just named and it looks like it MAY be a Gulf storm.

MODEL GUIDANCE SUPPORTS THIS
SCENARIO WITH A TIGHT CLUSTERING OF TRACKS THROUGH THE NORTHWESTERN
CARIBBEAN AND THE WESTERN END OF CUBA...WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE
GFDL WHICH CONTINUES TO CALL FOR A TRACK OVER THE LENGTH OF CUBA

Hang on Sloopys!
Pati

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Awww, Pati.. Now I'm going to be singing the tuba line to "Hang On Sloopy" all day...

LOL, maybe this will be the only time we have to sing it this year!
Pati

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

We are getting READY if this come this way to LA again like RITA!!!! E better go away! We the LA is not ready for another one..

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Thanks Pati. I shall stay tuned!

I will reiterate what I said so many times last year and before... Gulf storms mean big flooding in the Appalachians as a rule. And, I now live in a flood plain.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Last year we got rains from some of the tail ends too.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We received a lot of rain from the hurricanes here in Pa. In fact that was our major source of water.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

I know you're keeping watch on this one pati - looks like it's developing....

Dea

The models are showing a Cat 1 hurricane on Monday morning as it passes south of Cuba. The only change in direction is slightly to the north which makes it go over the tip of western Cuba into the Gulf instead of through the open channel between Cuba and the Yucatan.

Nobody is trying to predict ANYTHING when it gets into the Gulf....all bets are off. I guess we should be checking into where Jim Cantori has hotel reservations!! LOL
Pati

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

giggle ~~~ Blooms

Pati, after reading the NOAA discussions just now, I wouldn't place any bets either.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Pati, I lost my hurricane sites when my putor crashed and I can't find it.
can you give me the NOAA link?

Blooms, I can. Here's the main NOAA link
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Well, Ernesto seems to be taking a turn that aims at LA and AL gulf coasts. Pooh.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I know I saw it.. many people around here.. still living in fema trailer and lots of house still have blue roof... like in NO.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

We still have some blue roofs around here too. Sigh. Will have to watch this one closely since it looks like it might head this direction. I am thinking between Mobile and Pensacola, but who knows.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

That's right at me! Lord I hope we don't get another one.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh hate to think about the hurricane but need to know to watch close before we know it to leave fast not to wait the last minute so, I got prepare to be ready done before "if" hit here hope not that I am hopefully the hurricane go back to the gulf have enough bad off last year never forget how sad and terrible.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

NOAA CONTINUES TO PREDICT ABOVE-NORMAL HURRICANE SEASON

August 8, 2006 — With the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season upon us, experts from NOAA are reiterating their prediction for an above-normal number of storms. NOAA scientists warn this year's relatively quiet start is not an indication of what the remainder of the season has in store. (Click NOAA image for larger view of updated 2006 Atlantic hurricane season outlook. Please credit “NOAA.”)

"This year's three named storms may pale in comparison to the record nine storms that formed through early August 2005, but conditions will be favorable for above-normal activity for the rest of this season—so we are not off the hook by any means," said retired Navy Vice Adm. Conrad C. Lautenbacher, Ph.D., undersecretary of commerce for oceans and atmosphere and NOAA administrator.

Here's NOAA's 5 day cone but we all know that's just for this morning and subject to almost immediate change LOL

ETS They are calling Ernesto a hurricane on NOAA - 79mph sustained

This message was edited Aug 27, 2006 7:28 AM

Thumbnail by Floridian

Quoting:
A HURRICANE WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR
SOUTHWESTERN HAITI. NOW FOR THE REST OF THE BAD NEWS...THE OFFICIAL FORECAST TRACK HAS BEEN SHIFTED SIGNIFICANTLY TO THE RIGHT OR EAST OF THE PREVIOUS TRACK...ESPECIALLY AT 96 AND 120 HOURS..AND NOW TAKES ERNESTO ACROSS THE FLORIDA PENINSULA. THE CONSENSUS OF THE AVAILABLE MODEL GUIDANCE NOW INDICATES THAT A STRONG SHORTWAVE TROUGH CURRENTLY OVER THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN ROCKIES WILL DIG EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD INTO THE WESTERN AND CENTRAL GULF OF MEXICO...
CAUSING THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE SITUATED OVER FLORIDA AND THE
SOUTHEASTERN U.S. TO GRADUALLY ERODE EASTWARD.

THE GFS AND NOGAPS MODELS APPEAR TO BE ERODING THE RIDGE TO QUICKLY AND HAVE ERNESTO OVER SOUTHEASTERN FLORIDA IN 84 HOURS. THE REST OF THE MODEL GUIDANCE TAKES THE CYCLONE FARTHER WESTWARD OVER OR WEST OF THE LOWER FLORIDA KEYS.

HOWEVER...ALL OF THE GLOBAL AND REGIONAL MODELS
NOW AGREE ON RECURVATURE OVER THE EASTERN GULF OF MEXICO AROUND 96 HOURS...AND TAKE ERNESTO NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE CENTRAL OR NORTHERN FLORIDA PENINSULA BY 120 HOURS.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT5+shtml/270900.shtml?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Sure did take a hard right turn.

Dea

Thanks Darius and Floridian.....I was having a bad night and finally went to sleep just before the 5AM came out. For all the good I am, you'd think I worked for FEMA! LOL Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a sick joke.

Anyway.......here's the new meeting place.
Pati

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/644369/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.