Late Summer Blooms

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I went out today to prune back the wild blackberries since my gardening tips suggest I do so. I only got about 25% of that job completed.

Along the way I found a whole bunch of new flowers blooming.

First is what I have concluded may be the Soft Milkpea. This one is blooming wonderfully but the time is quickly approaching that the blooms will subside and tiny seed pods will fill their place. I love this as a ground cover. It lays flat and yet doesn't mind being walked on. I may transplant many of these to my orchid house floor. It's much prettier than Asphlund mulch.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

I think I might have posted this before but I couldn't find it, nor a photo in my photo file. It's too bad because up until a couple days ago, this was full of multi-colored berries.

The Blue Birds came in and there was one on every branch eating the black colored berries. They sure did love that.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Here's a closer view of one of the branches. Still a couple berries left.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Although I was convinced that it was in my best interest to remove these from my immediate yard, I am letting them grow at will out in the wild part of my property.

I researched this and came up with the name Flame Leaf Sumac. In the fall the leaves will turn a flame red. But I didn't know it would bloom, and here they are.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

I found what looks like a sort of Baby's Breath. A low ground cover, but not too low, with tiny white flowers.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

The bee's certainly seem to like this one, but maybe that's not a bee?

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Similar but not the same

Thumbnail by MollyMc

The last of the new ones

Thumbnail by MollyMc

And revisiting one that I posted before. We were not able to name it, but the flowers have gotten brighter, but not changed their form much.

Artcons and his DW were here visiting this past weekend. He likes Florida Natives and all butterfly attractors. I researched all the plants he has posted in his gardens and I found some he didn't have yet. So I potted them up and sent him home with some new ones. Of course he brought me 30 of some of his favorites.

And yet, I found more new ones this week. He will think I was holding out on him.

:^)))))

This message was edited Aug 25, 2006 12:07 AM

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.