Pink Canna Recommendations?

Apple Valley, MN(Zone 4a)

I am new to the art of canna gardening, mostly because every time I buy one that is supposed to be "cherry" or "pink" it turns out to be orange! This dwarf from VanBloem Gardens came with a lovely cherry red picture on the front. Now it has opened . . . and it's red-orange.

I live in a southern suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul - zone 4a - so growing cannas requires lots of love.

Suggestions?

Any recommendations for a nursery that sells plants that bloom true to their advertising?

Jeannine

Thumbnail by jachurch
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Here you go its one of the few places i trust Regards Paul http://www.karcheskycanna.com/

Thanks, Paul,

I just browsed the site and added it to my flower web site group. This is the wrong time of year for me to be ordering cannas, but now I will know where to go for next year. They have some absolutely gorgeous plants!

Jeannine

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

ja, I grew Pink Futurity, it was pretty around 3ft-3 1/2 ft.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Are you German Aunt B ?

Thanks, Aunt B. I will add Pink Futurity to my shopping list - sounds like the plant I seek!

Jeannine

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

canna 'Shenandoah' is ever at the top of my list

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

I have 4 Pink Futurity and they all have more yellow than pink in the bloom. So from a distance, they look almost orange. Very disappointing.
Sherry

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.