No worry

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Not sure if I've posted anything about this, but I've been stressing a bit over getting Katy registered after Tinas death.

Finally called the Apha today and explained everything. She said no problem. As long as it was a live cover (yes) and the resulting foal is patterned/colored according to the sire and dam there will be no problem. Yippee!!!

Talked a bit about the overo classification and she said they don't put them in to different groups. Plain overo. I asked about the partial blue eyes and she said with 2 thats an overo trait but normally only on sabino. The haloing is a sabino trait, too, I think. She said it would still state Overo on her papers but the apha will probably put in their records that she's a sabino. Said the white "other areas" would be considered roaning and that I needed to send in pics of that for qualification. She said "Sounds like you have a unique one on your hands". Told her "you don't know the half of it", lol

Ok, whats a sabino, lol

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!