Come and get them!!! Crocosmia...yellow/gold

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have literally hundreds if not thousands of these I am getting rid of they are being dug out today and tomorrow...please come and get whatever you would like to have...they are very proliferous and have beautiful golden yellow blooms. Just dmail me if you would like to come and pick some up. I need to get them out of here this week, I will not mail out....so if you can pick them up you are welcomed to have them..
JanetS

Cordele, GA

I would love to have some, but there is no way that I can pick them up. On the other hand, we are talking crocosmia so I expect that you will have more to offer in a year or two. Maybe I can get some then.

Beth

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Beth,
How are you? Deborah is from Cordele as well, maybe I can send you some with her if she gets to come up on Saturday. She is going to let me know...do you know her? Cordeledawg is her dmail name? I will look and hook you up with her dmail address...okay.
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

here is the link...http://davesgarden.com/members/Cordeledawg/
Her name is Deborah, and her DH is Larry. So if you want to see about hooking up I can send you some with her...I don't imagine Cordele is that big, is it? Or if you can arrange it maybe you can come with her when she comes...that would be fine too. Just let me know...okay.

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet,
I would LOVE to have some!
What plants are you looking for?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Nothing at all, just come and get 'em!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Let me know when you can come and I will give you the directions.
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a picture of the bloom..it is golden orange on the outside and inside is a beautiful golden yellow...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet,
I could come Friday morning say around 10:30 or so.

I think I have the directions (via Mapquest) but you can send them dmail if you'd like.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Friday morning I have an appointment, but I can just leave them in the driveway for you if you would like. I am not sure what time I will be back, maybe by 10:30 or 11:00 if you would rather wait and come then...if that works. Just let me know. I am the fifth house on the right on Royal Crest. The fire hydrant is right AFTER my driveway...so it should be easy for you to find. Just let me know what works for you.
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet,
You can leave them in the drive, that will be fine. I don't want to inconvenience you in any way or make things harder for you.

Btw, THANKS so very much for doing this!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No problem! Hope you enjoy them! How many do you want?

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Maybe a dozen?

Cordele, GA

Thanks, Janet. That is a new one for me. Now I will have the red orange, orange and golden yellow. There is said to be a cream colored selection, but it probably is not available in the USA. Next time Robert goes to England, I am going to ask him to smuggle bulbs instead of cheese. Actually, I think that he probably declared the cheese> He is such a straight arrow that at times he is a bloody pain to live with,

Beth

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have the red "Lucifer", I have another red, not sure the name...maybe the "blaze" one, I have Emily McKensie, this golden orange/yellow one and my newest is Solfaterre..it has bronze foilage and yellow flowers, it hasn't bloomed for me yet, this is the first year it has been in the ground...I haven't seen a cream colored one, but I know there are a lot of different ones and they are beautiful as well! If Robert smuggles some let me know and I'll come to Cordele to get some...LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beth,
Your crocosmia are in route via Deborah and Larry. What nice people! If everyone in Cordele is as sweet, it must be a wonderful place to live! Hope you enjoy them and maybe in the fall you can come too!
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My husband couldn't even tell Deborah was here. I told him she took a truck load of things and he didn't believe me! Deborah, don't work too h ard in this heat! You did so much yesterday I worried about you! DH is right though, I really have too much out there, if I didn't know what you got, I couldn't tell you were here either! LOL
Have a good one!
I still have plenty of this left...ANYONE??? Just let me know!
JanetS

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

And she's not kidding! Tons of it! I should have taken my brother's semi!
If anyone ever gets the chance to take Janet up on her offer to dig around her place, GO. Her landscape is a sight to behold. Perennial beds abound around every curve. I thought I was inside the pages of Southern Living magazine!

Janet, girl, how can I ever repay you. Anytime we trade, you know it will more than likely be with your own plants back to ya.

Enjoyed the visit tremendously.

Now, to get Beth's and Mamajack's ready to send.

Happy Gardening and Go Dawgs!

Deborah

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

NO, you can't send them back!!! LOL It is a MUST that you don't send them back my way...lol....I have a friend who is coming to get some today, along with shasta daisy and whatever else I can get her to take...once I am done sharing maybe it will take it wa couple of years to need cleaned out again! I am going to hit my neighbors again too...I am sure some of them will take some of thes plants as well. Deborah, you are sooo welcomed! I am thrilled to share my plants with you and all the DGers here...it really makes me happy to give a little bit of what I love to others!
Have a great day...watch the Little League World Series at three something...Columbus Georgia is playing Japan for the title! Go GEORGIA...Go Dawgs!!!
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Berrygirl,
ARe you still interested?
Let me know..
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet,
I'm gonna have to pass. Have a real busy week and don't know when I could get there to you or even put them in the ground here. It is unfair to you to ask you to hold something for me any longer. You were so very kind to offer to share with folks here! If only my baby hadn't died last week........ :(

Perhaps your DH can do a late night run and share with all your neighbors? LOL!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

no problem, just dmail me when you think you may be
able to come and get some...I have plenty that have not been dug yet, so no hurry! If you want them.
Janet

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Janet

I would kill to come up there but I am recovering from surgery and not allowed to drive or dig or lift. (I'm potting up some iris today so that they will be ready to plant when I'm off restriction)

If there are any Thomasville DGers out there who are travelling north, or if anyone who is already going would let me send them postage and something to ship in please let me know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.