Quilt Sandwiching...the easy way...

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I always have trouble sandwiching my quilts. It is especially hard since I am disabled...and, of course, I never have a surface large enough to lay it out. I swore that when I got my own place, I'd have a wall that I could hang the quilts on to sandwich them. When we found this house, it never really occurred to me that the cross beam in the office was perfect for what I had in mind. I ran some hooks into the crossbeam and hung skirt hangers from the hooks....then I was able to squeeze the three layers into the skirt hangers so gravity kept the layers straight for me and they didn't wrinkle up while I basted them in place. We are going to have to redo the office (carpet it, move the desks around,etc ) so I will have more room for hanging larger quilts. Still, it will be hard to do a king sized quilt since the ceiling is only 9 feet....but maybe I can figure out a way to make it work. For this realtively small quilt (72x72), it worked perfectly.

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!