Virgin's Bower (Clematis virginiana) is blooming

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I always enjoy this clematis that grows in the tall grass and into the pine trees along the hayfield next door.

Thumbnail by boojum

Another pic.

Thumbnail by boojum
Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

We have this back along the pasture fence and in a small wooded area that was once a rock quarry. It seems to be fond of growing into the hobblebush and up the popple trees.

Love those names. Hobblebush and popple trees. Sounds like a Robert Frost poem.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2006 7:07 PM

ISLE OF LEWIS, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi boojum, just thought that we would pop in and say hello, hope that you are keeping well, we have been admiring your clematis it's beautiful, a really good photo again, what a lovely clematis, we are going to look for one over here, you definitely know how to take a photo, we are starting to feel the autumn cutting in, i thought that i would show you this photo of one of our clematis its called Dr Ruppel, its flowering now, it covers a large pergola, these are just the first flowers that have opened on it, we are busy trying to catch up on the gardening, as the workshop has taken more time than i planned, we always try to keep on top of the garden, so that it makes it easier in the spring to start off, we have planted a lot of perennial seeds in the green house, ready to plant in the spring already, the green houses are full, just thought that we would say hello, and let you know that we were thinking about you, kindest regards from Pete, Anne on the Isle of Lewis, good night and god bless

Dr Ruppel the photo is not as good as yours though

Thumbnail by bruntongardens

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.