What do you think?

Horsens, Denmark

Hi all ;o)))
Been spying on you all for some time now LOL
I always plant them for them selves, and put the containers close to each other.
Well by spying on you has giving me the corrage to try and make a container with several plants.
What do you think, did I make ok?
Monica

The first one

Thumbnail by zest
Horsens, Denmark

then I whent wild LOL

Thumbnail by zest
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Wild is good, appropriate for that cool pot too! How appropriate for your name Zest. : )) pod

Horsens, Denmark

Hi Pod.
Thanks, very tought about it, but I think you are rigth.
Personality showing eh! LOL

By the way Zest, no need to spy, please jump in and join us... It is always fun to see new ideas and different thoughts. See ya in the forums... pod

Horsens, Denmark

Thanks Pod will do so, have lots of inspiration thanks to you all :o))

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I think you did great. Keep it up!!!!! love the pots.

Viv

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Zest,
You're pots are great! Don't lurk. Jump in -- the water is fine here. Make friends with the DGers!

Gymgirl, did you say the water is fine? : ))

Thumbnail by podster
Horsens, Denmark

Hi thanks for your comments :o) your encoregement will keep me going.

Wondered about the water thing as well Pod :o)

Pearl River, LA

Zest ...Welcome to DG. It is always great to have someone from another country. Take some pics of your favorite gardens or just favorite plants for us. shirleyt

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, great pots, zest!

And keep posting!

We're interested in your flower pot style-setting! Very 'continental'! (A good thing!)

Horsens, Denmark

Always thought american containers are much more pretty.
I think it is because you (on the other side of the pon LOL) have the attitude that as long as you (the one who makes the decoration) likes it is ok, and I like that :o)).

Here everything has to be the right colors together.
A few examples
http://www.bobedre.dk/cm/1.1870#
This gentleman is becoming pupular here. I find him a bit agorrant but has nice ideas.
http://www.sydbank.dk/inc/pdf/ekko/sydbank-pt-2005-05/side_18-20.pdf

Zest ~ is that like the grass on the other side of the pond is greener ? : ) pod

Horsens, Denmark

LOL Pod you are very wise :o))

Tis the Scandinavian heritage no doubt... : )))

Horsens, Denmark

I thought there was something about you ;o)))

Zest, you can tell by the views there are lots of spys. Wish more folks would jump in... pod

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi Zest,

Welcome and gorgeous pot combos. Dgs great for inspiration.Look at how well you did:)))

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

Hey Zest! I'm new here too! Welcome to DG !

And I really love your pots, specially the one you went crazy with! LOL
Great colours!

I prefer combos, I never really enjoyed having plants in separate pots - mostly because I love to see them interact - some lean on others, some hide under the shade of the bigger ones, some climb on their neighbours... it's so funny!

What I do have are some smaller pots arranged around the larger ones with single plants - but then they appear as part of a whole..

At the moment, the stars of my single pots are rosa chinensis, some miniature dianthus, and obviously my primma donnnas - the gardenias....

Love

Hiraeth

Hiraeth You have some great ideas and descriptive thoughts. Any chance of some pictures? Please? It gives us all inspiration. : ) pod

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

wow, Podster, you've just sweetened my day! :-) Thank you for your ever so nice words!

I've just "inhereted" one of my brothers old digital cameras, and I promise to make good use of it soon!

I hope to have something to show you this week!

Love

Hiraeth

Excellent, we'll all look forward to it!

Horsens, Denmark

Hi Hiraeth.
Welcome to you as well :o))
Sorry that I haven`t answered you yet, was “gone” yesterday.

I agree with Pod, you have a nice way of describing how they grow, very poetic :o)
Love combos, but never tried them before (cowardice really LOL), but from now it is a different story.
One of my tipical cowardices thing LOL (but I did manage to squeeze some strawberries with the hosta to the left LOL)
The hostas are very young, hopefully they will grow bigger next year
http://www.simplesite.com/oxalis/4128541?i=4663528
http://www.simplesite.com/oxalis/4128541?i=4666811

Remember to post some of your comboes :o)
Monica

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.