Hubby is such a romantic....... (not).........

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Hubby has discovered the harbor freight store! While other wives can depend on things like candy, flowers or a dinner out I get tools. LOL He has brought me home two basic tool boxes(screwdrivers, hammers and such), a John Deere type rolling garden chair, battery operated saws and yesterday he got me a baby cement mixer! It is just my size, will mix up only a bag or two at a time so I can use it with my cobblestone mold and make the paths through my garden. It is not assembled yet, he said that is what my tool kits are for...... I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend. :)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

That's my kind of man!!! LOL. That is sooo funny!! My dad also lives for stores like that. He drools everytime he sees a tool that he doesn't own yet.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I should be so fortunate as to get such gifts! I have to go buy my own or use my hubby's very well stocked tool chest and supply of drills, saws, etc. I've been thinking of getting one of those small cement mixers, some molds for stepping stones, etc. But frankly and honestly, I don't think I could manage 80# of cement at one time. I think that is what one bag of quickcrete makes, isn't it? Holly and I talked about some of that stuff last night. We both kind of want some of them. So maybe we will go to gether and get some of them.

TT, we will see you on the 16th of Sept. won't we? I hope so;. I know you and Pepper will get along fine. Both of you are so full of life and energy and so eager to yarden. Pepper has a good idea about the door prizes. Instead of a lot of smaller things which are also great, how about fewer items but items like books about gardening, a really good tool or a gift certificate to some place like Lowes, WalMart, etc. I know they cost more, but maybe would be more useful. I am going to start going to a used book store soon and see if I can get some gardening books in good condition. Then will start saving for books like Tips for the Lazy Gardener, Mary Ellen's Helpful Tips, etc. I love those kinds of books. Or a zuchinni cook book! LOL Or Balls' Blue Book of Canning, A book on harvesting and storing foods by various methods. Just an idea. Especially books wouldn't need to be new because they can be so expensive, just in good condition.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.