So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

New guy on the block!
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Mornin' Darius. The Weather Underground bloggers jumped on this one like a duck on a June bug! LOL The models aren't really up and running yet, so they far they look like they're just dancing around out there! Of course it just slipped off of the Africa coast and they are waiting to see how much the dust is going to affect this one.

Sooooo, stay tuned....news at eleven! LOL
Pati

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

That IS neat.
If you look at the top of the globe between "reset" and "print image" there you have Sweden. Look at where we get our weather from. Almost strait from Florida. No wonder your hurricanes affect us so much.
Janett

Cool site, Pati!! Thanks.

Looks like TD4 (now Debbie) is gong to curve more north and go east of Bermuda (Hooray!)

Now they are watching one below the Lesser Antilles with more interest.

Stay tuned!!
Pati

So, good news and possibly bad news?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

great site... and I found Sweden, Janett

Just watching Kyra [sp] Sedgwick in a darling Amazing Stories clip.
She's just so darn cute.

It's 90* out there now, with 96* going to be our HI
Clouds yes, rain no, Low 70, Humidity 19%

May have to start another thread for TD5 down at the Antilles. Waiting for the plane's report to come in now. Models are looking at it coming up the Bahamas.....Barbados getting rain and wind now.
Pati

Fire away, Pati... just keep us informed!

What would we do without our 'cane guru?

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Blooms have you ever been to googleearth there you can even search for a specific towns OR even some adresses and zoome in on the houses. I cant use google earth on my puter because I only have WindowsME :((
I have tried several times but my harddrive refuses XP dont know why because DS and I bought the same harddrive at the same time from the same place and he has XP........go figure.
Janett

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

yeah, Janett, I downloaded googleearth about 2 weeks ago. It's a great trip BUT that full globe shot on the euro site is LIVE and awesome.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It looks like Tropical Storm Debby is heading your way, Janett. (Of course she won't be a tropical storm then, but still...) Take cover! :-)

TD5 looks like it is going to turn into the first hurricane of the year. We'll know in 60-72 hours.

This message was edited Aug 25, 2006 11:08 AM

Oh Rats. I don't like the path of TD5 at all.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Nope, me neither. The next update should be out in about half an hour.

I've been watchng it with the WU most of the day. Nobody can understand why they haven't named it yet, the Navy charts named it "Ernesto" about 11 AM. It's been such a strange year that even the discussions on NOAA have been very cautious.

We sure are going to miss Max Mayfield, it's like loosing your security blanket.
Pati

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Who's Max Mayfield?

He's head of the Hurricane Center based in Miami. He's the one that tried to get the word out about Katrina BEFORE she hit. I went through all the 'canes, including Andrew, with him.
Pati

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Nononono no tropicale storm no nothing is desired this way.
**Starts to blow frantically to send that thingy NORTH**.
We had a Tornado a few days ago much further nnorth then I am. Came in from a big lake and tore up a campimgsite and sucked up several trailers there. Luckely all the trailers where at that time empty and MOST people had gone back to town because of scool start. Had it happened during the weekend several people had been badly hurt or killed.
Janett

Here we go...new kid on the block!
Pati

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/643785/

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Pati. :-)

Keep blowing, Janett.. Maybe it will keep going north to the Pole and Santa can deal with it. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.