An evening of peace

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I visited a friend's home in Westhampton Beach and took these shots....

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very nice! If you look way out across the sound you can see me waving.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Was that you in the kayack? This was overlooking a cove off of Moriches Bay. The way I was looking was towards the inlet that leads to the Atlantic and is south. Let me tell you that I wouldn't mind seeing that view every night! Of course, I wouldn't want to be there during a storm either!

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
(Zone 4a)

Now that is beautiful....I think I need a few days relaxing on the beach. Ahhhhh I can just smell that fresh air now!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Being a California Girl - I SO much miss the sun setting INTO the ocean. There is nothing more beautiful than an ocean sunset. Somewhere on the CT coast near RI - I actually saw the sun set into the ocean - must have been mirrors - but I swear it was true.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I don't think I could live anywhere that I couldn't access the beach within 1/2 hour.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Great pix! My hubby is talking up a flight to an airport in the hamptons or to Montauk one Saturday. He flies with a friend who owns a plane. So I might get to catch some of these views! I hope it works out. We flew to Chatham on Cape Cod two weeks ago and here is a picture of that. This is a picture of Chatham Light from above the inlet. it was mid-day however, but still gorgeous.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Most beautiful! Very calm & peaceful. ~ The word might be Serene

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

It really is great 'Out East' as we call it. The only problem is the traffic. Alot of people vacation out on the South Fork of Long Island. Be sure to get some pics if you do go. I love aerial views!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

mmmm, beautiful. need a scene like that on my computer at work.

Martha, that's a pretty neat way to avoid the traffic! I took a few flying lessons in my youth, but it never went anywhere.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yes Anita, that was me in the kayak south of Long Island. I paddle around LI every day for excersize.

When I lived in Key West we could watch the sun rise over the water and then set over the water.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

How did you like living in Key West??? I've never been there.

Gram - right now one of the pics is my wallpaper at both work and home.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I just take the pix. My hubby was flying and his friend who owns the plane were in the front seat. I just came along for the ride and took pix from the back.
Martha

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Anita,
In many ways I loved it. The weather, the water, sunsets, laid back (to the max).Its a very small island (around 1 &1/2 mi X 2&1/2 mi, I never owned a car there) and its 130 or 150 miles away from mainland FL. A mix of Cubans, artists, run-away hippies and gays. All tropicals grew there (they never have frost).
But, It was a very transient place so I was pretty unrooted there even after 2 years. And it was a tough place for a career. Very few jobs in my field and most people thought the notion of career was an uptight concept from the northeast.
I haven't been back there in 24 years. I hope it didn't get too yuppified.
As you can see, you raised some memories for me!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Isn't it fun to look back from time to time?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yeah. That was such a different part of my life. Young, single, carefree and always searching for the meaning of life.

So Dave, did you find the meaning of life?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I did. But I've misplaced it.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

LOL!!!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I think you need to see the wizard....where is Al these days???

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody! Not nohow!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Anita, thanks for giving us a taste of the Hampton sunset. It is really serene-looking and my one and only visit there is a memory that's been refreshed by your camera. Thanks again.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Nancy!

Gram - if we burn Dave's broom..could we get in then???

oh, wait - it's the witches broom we need. How about Scotch Broom??

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Looks nice Anita - is that West Hampton or one word? How can something be west and on the Atlantic Ocean ;)~

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

"lots of people have no brain and they talk all the time"

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh Al, don't listen to him. You don't talk all the time.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I don't talk - I type. You can't hear me all the time can you?

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, but sometimes I don't pay attention.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I was talking to Dave - Nancy, but that's OK - that makes one of us.

We don't have a lot of those north south east west towns in this part of the midnortheastwest. I guess we were more original.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Meanwhile, back at the Hamptons.....

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Al, could it be a problem with directions that you don't have that type of naming format??? Dave, the scarecrow managed it??? We have a lot of Hamptons out on the South Fork - West,East,Bridge,South.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Al, I do hear your voice all the time but I din't want to let the others know.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

The voice doesn't tell you to do things does it?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Dave - does my voice sound like this?
http://www.eventsounds.com/wav/fridttrs.wav

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yes! You were speaking of slingblades.
Yes Anita. Everything I've ever done wrong is due to Al's instructions in my head.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

keysers!

Hey I got you to rub poison ivy on your face today didn't I

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

This is making me think of a Stephen King novel

Dave47 - I think that jewelweed is supposed to be a natural antidote to poison ivy. Oh wait - you said you didn't have weeds in your garden.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Poison ivy must not be a weed then.

I'll just sit here & itch while Al mocks me from inside my head & over the internet. What, internal Al? Go pull out the poison ivy bare handed?...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Fall is a good time to use your poison ivy killer on it - I reckon uhmm hmmm.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.