new to here not to gardening.

Bloomfield, IA(Zone 5b)

Hey ya'll Just thought I'd try Daves as it seems to pop up on Google everytime I look something up.
So to give a bit of info about me I live in SE IA near the I-MO border. My husband and I garden to the fullest. We have a good sized veggie garden out front, then we have two smaller ones that we call the North garden or the chicken garden (used to be ppart of the chicken lot and is right beside it.)
I have a lot of things growing all over. I love Hydrangeas and am trying to convince my husband we really do need to shell out $30.00 to $50.00 to buy some of the most beautiful Japaneese lacecaps. But I have a rule. "You run over it or in ANY fashion kill it, you replace it with two!" so he's a little hesitent. But I think I am wearing him down. ;-)
I really like to learn as much as possible as I can on gardening and propigation. I think we are inone of the better climates as we are not too hot (Knock on wood that the heat is over.) yet we can grow so much here it makes up for the things we cant.
Any who I am of good humor and easy to get along with. I have made trades on other sites and been burned a few times but for the most I believe most of us truely into gardening are a pretty good and trusting lot. So I hope to have a great time here.
Quasy...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG, Quasy! My BF is from Bloomfield! (long time ago). His dad was an auctioneer. I love hydrangea, and continue to try to grow them. All I have right now is a variegated one that barely gets a foot tall and never blooms and 2 Ladies' in Red waiting for cooler planting temps. The most beautiful ones I've ever seen were in Oregon.. they love the climate there, I guess. Things should grow really good on the old chicken lot... Grandma used to clean out her coop and put it on her gardens. Have a great time here on DG, everyone is so helpful. -Bonnie

Welcome Quasymoto, Aunt B is right on. Everyone is willing to share some good advice and some good laughs as well. It can become addictive, but it's fun to learn a lot about gardening and everything that comes with it. It's been great to even have people overlook my accidental faux pas as well. Have fun!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Welcome to DG and to Central Midwest Gardening forum. We are one big family here on DG. I hope you make yourself right at home.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG! It looks like we are about in the same hardiness zone. I think you will really enjoy it here. I like the idea that if hubby kills something he has to replace it with two. :) A word of warning though, people at DG have such good ideas and advice that you will want to try a few so sharpen your shovel and get some new garden gloves!

Ann B.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome Q!!! Everything that they have said is true!! You will have a blast on here and sometimes you will end up on the floor from laughing too much.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome from Oklahoma ,
glad you joined this is a very uplfting place to be

Thumbnail by tazzy
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi welcome are you same quasy thats on Garden here.??

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome from south-central missouri....

Dave's is the best place on the web... bar none... and I am sure you will like it here...

Everyone here is friendly, helpful, and kind.

Blessings, Starr

Thumbnail by fsrstarr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.