Knitting Question

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

I posted this in another forum, but I'd like to ask all you fellow knitters here for input as well.

I have a kitty perch in one of my windows, that my kitties love. They lie on it and sun, or watch the birds outside.

The problem is that they've used it so much that it's misshapen, and covered with hair. This quite ugly, and I want to knit a new cover for it. The problem is that I'm not that good at improvising. I've always been the kind, who had to have a pattern written out to follow. Someone on the other knitting forum suggested knitting a rectangle, and felting it. Then I could just slip it over like a pillow case. I've never felted, so I'm not familiar with it. Would the finished product be stretchy, or would I need to knit the exact size?

Anyway, here's the perch. Please, ignore the snotty nose prints left on the window by my curious felines. No matter how often I try to clean it, they always seem to be there. lol

Thumbnail by jdee
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!