just showing off some of my wifes containers -

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

She doesn't like gardening and leaves it to me......but she wanted to try her hand at picking out the stock for the containers and planting them herself this year. I think she did a bang-up job!

Thumbnail by capt_insano
Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Another:

Thumbnail by capt_insano
Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

third:

Thumbnail by capt_insano
Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

last one:

Thumbnail by capt_insano
Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

Very nice. Kudos to your wife for the wonderful choices!

Now, I just have to get myself some bigger pots, a bigger front porch, deeper pockets .........

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Those are absolutely great! KUDOS TO THE NEWBIES!

NEWBIES DON'T ROCK - THEY PLANT!

This message was edited Aug 16, 2006 6:14 PM

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Wow she did beautifully, maybe she could teach me...LOL! MzWeazelle, I hear ya about those deep pockets. I have ugly plastic pots, and I have to literally stay away from the beautiful pots because I get...well, covetous. I'm trying to scour the 2nd hand shops, Goodwill and such on Sundays to see what I can find. In the interim, they go in the plastics or the ground :)

Gymgirl, love your saying!!!

-Sunny

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

well, tons of mexican imports here in Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas.....so mexican clay pots are relatively cheap if you know where to look

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh too heck with the pot, that brick and concrete combo you have there is neat looking! LOL I admired that more. I like the pot too..hehehhehe

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Capt - were did you get the pots? Natures Way had pots 50% off last week, don't know if they still do or not.

Thumbnail by ghia_girl
Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

some of our pots are from Natures way, but the cool trapezoidal ones we bought at Tree Top nursery for a very good price. They have (had?) some great pots this year

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Beautiful pots, your wife did a great job! Just a tip though, pinch those coleus blooms. As pretty as they are, once they set seed, the get woody and start their decline. By pinching, you get fuller, bushier plants.

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Sue

Thanks for the tip!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.