Atemoya Heaven!

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

My tree is absolutey LOADED this year. I am worried branches are going to break! LOL I love this tree and the fruit is wonderful. Should start getting ripe in a couple of weeks.

Thumbnail by Ncasselberryfla
Citra, FL

What a neat looking plant, and so healthy looking. Almost looks like rubber or artificial or something. What is the fruit like?

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

It is white inside like a sugar apple or cherimoya. Texture is very soft and flavor is quite sweet like melon, pear and banana mixed together. It is delicious! Inside are also shiny black seeds.

Citra, FL

Does it grow from a seed? I need to check this out, it is really gorgeous.

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't know as it is a hybrid-----mine is a grafted plant of the variety called 'Geffner'. You can order these trees from Pine Island Nursery. The fruit is awesome!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

It is a really good fruit, I used to eat it all the time in Hawaii...the seeds are beautiful, as I remember, you can dry them out and make jewelry from them. The texture is like a very soft banana, but with more juice

Citra, FL

Does Pine Island Nursery have a website?

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

Yep-

www.tropicalfruitnursery.com

Citra, FL

Thanks!

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

...wishing I had such a tree...

Merritt Island, FL

I've addressed this in your post regarding moving this tree. I have some more atemoya info in my blog http://myrarefruitphotos.blogspot.com/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.