Yikes - got scared! And another russian sage question...

(Zone 4a)

I couldn't access these boards for some reason. I could view them but it wouldn't let me post ugh! Something to do with the cookies and my browser I guess. OMG I hope that doesn't happen again. I just found a board I felt comfy with and then I thought I could never post here again - sheesh.

Anyhow enough rambling. Remember the new russian sage plant I bought and planted a few weeks ago. Well the lower half of the plant (leaves) are starting to yellow. Could this mean I am watering too much? I just water it along with everything else when I water....not sure why this is happening.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Someone else will know more than me but I think water could be the problem (or lack of micronutrients or other things) RS takes very little water.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

this is only the second season for mine, but I've had no problem with it. no special treatment. I water with the rest of the perennials in the bed. it's supposed to be fairly drought tolerant. I've never fertilized it. I'm pretty negligent, generally. LOL.

(Zone 4a)

Okay thanks...maybe over watering is the problem.....I am going to have to make sure to avoid that one during watering time.

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Dawn,

Do you have it in full blazing sun? It loves that & intense heat.

~* Robin

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I have seen it do that some, it is a shrub actually and will need less water than a 'softer' plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.