July 23

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. Where are all you farmers? Kittycat got me up earlier than I would have liked. She hears birds chirping. My ride over the weekend was beautiful scenery but the trail was muddy due to some wet thunderstorms Thursday and Friday. The only time I got wet was Friday evening. I am always thankful when it doesn't rain on ride day. The day was cool and that was great for a change, usually it is in the 90's for this ride. We finished the 50 miler in 27th place out of 59 entries, not bad for us slowpokes, 7 hrs and 15 minutes riding time. During the ride there are mandatory vet checks and hold times so the horse can rest and eat. Riders don't get much rest because we are busy taking care of ourselves and the horse. The scenery on this ride is fantastic, large ponderosa pines, wildflowers, mountain meadows full of grass, deer, antelope, elk, and a herd of about 100 wild horses in several small bunches. We didn't see the horses this year but we did see signs of them. Now that I'm home I need to get back into weeding and watering. Have a good day everyone. Count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!